The Velva Wars

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Queen of Blades, Jul 27, 2007.

?

Which side?

1. Pro Velva

67.6%
  2. Anti Velva

11.8%
  3. Neutral/Don't care

20.6%
  1. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

Only a REAL Man, can be an Aqua Velva Man...............

2. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

fixed

3. rollsshaver

rollsshaver Peace be with you

:happy102:happy108:rofl:happy001:happy097:happy023:happy093:happy096

4. RayH

RayH New Member

I personally don't like it but I voted neutral as I really don't care one way or the other. If you want to use it, then use it. If you don't, then don't. As for myself I've been using C.O. Bigelow's #1200 A/S Balm with the red stripe on it.

5. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Me............

Mushrooms and now Aqua Velva? :sad029

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

[​IMG]

7. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

moi:eek: me is disheartened
    this guy. this guy here, he gets me.

8. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

You know, whenever I see the average man who wears these types of colognes (blue monkey you are, of course, the exception), I am constantly struck by the fact that they are trying WAAYYY too hard to be "manly".

I mean, really...look at how utterly pretentious just the bottles are! For example, what is with the ridiculous little strap holding the cap on the Hugo cologne? Can't a real man even keep track of the lid!? Don't even get me started on "Drakkar Noir". I've always thought both the bottle and the name brings to mind men with their polyester shirts open to their navels, wearing huge gold medallions and asking women what their signs were. And what is "EXTREME POLO" anyway? Is that polo where you can use the mallets on the riders as well as the ball? And, finally, what is it with the "FIERCE" name and the STUPID picture of the man's chest!?

A real man doesn't need such pretentiousness. A real man doesn't need to go out of his way to prove his manliness to others by wearing "FIERCE", or "Drakkar Noir". A real man just wants something simple and timeless... a classic. And that's exactly what Aqua Velva is. I know that the AVCL crowd will be up in arms over this post, and I will probably be the subject of much ridicule, but the best part of it all is this: no matter how loud the AVCL gnash their teeth, the pro-Velva vote is still almost three times the anti-Velva vote. :D

(Once again, blue monkey, I am not directing any of my observations at you individually. I'm just making my general observations about those types of colognes.)

9. Will

Will Nevermind

I like Drakkar. :(

Welcome to HAVOC!.............. I think.

10. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I smell better than the AVCL. But thats okay. Somebodys got to have some game :prrr

11. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

Absolutely, I consider myself a member of HAVOC. :D

12. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

So where does that put me? :D

My most used A/S is Pinaud Clubman Citrus Musk Eau De Cologne followed by Thayers W/H A/S and Ogallala Bay Rum.

13. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

It puts you in anti-velva group. Good on you!

14. Will

Will Nevermind

Dont let him fool you (he sneeks it).

Check his locker, after you slay the badger you will find it was guarding a extra large bottle of AV.

15. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I thought it was settled that Velva was the anti-christ and that Mennan is the second coming.

Jack Palance can't be wrong.

I like Italian Velva, that is Floid, but this American wiper fluid....

16. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

The badger heard that! There will be badger poop in your Christmas Stocking. :D

It's really a secret flask of D & B Vahalla Martini. :D

17. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

Ice Blue Aqua velva baby!!! It does not taste too good though. I didn't think of tasting it until I read they put a bittering agent soooooo I rubbed some on my tongue. Not good.

18. Ramaniac

Ramaniac Member

I don't think I would ever want an aftershave with another man's chest on it. Looks sorta proto-gay.

19. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

That's more gay than aftershave with a PICTURE of another man's chest on it :D
    I say chop down a good smelling tree (cinnamon, cedar, etc.) and roll in the shavings like a real man ;)

20. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

What are you, a hamster? :D