The Watch/Timepiece Thread

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sejanus, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Hey folks!

I know I am not the only one here who loves watches, so I figured I would start a thread to see what members of the forum have on your wrists!

Take pics if you can as you wear them.

Here is one to start off, my Omega Seamaster Professional Chronometer. I'll post other watches later.

[​IMG]

2. Jimbo

Jimbo New Member

This is my favourite. My grandfather's (now mine) 1962 (ish) Omega Seamaster DeVille. I had it restored about 4 years ago. Great watch.

(Sorry for the really poor quality of the photo - the only digital camera I own is the one that came with my camcorder.)

DSC00201.JPG

James.

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I gave up wearing watches several years ago. Here's my current model...oh, and it's also a phone. :cool:

4. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I'm really picky about watches. I'll have to take a picture of mine sometime. It was a gift. I dont like thick watches, huge faces, or metal straps. I'll put a picture up ASAP.

5. Reformation Student

Reformation Student New Member

Um, what's that thing on your wrists :D

Attached Files:

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Front Runner.......

Go back to shaving with your 18 blade Gelly Fusion or
    I shall taunt you a second time.
    You are so NOT "old school" :D

Nice watches Gents !

7. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Nice Pocket Watch Steve!

8. Will

Will Nevermind

OK Mr. Man....What would you suggest for a "old school" on a budget.

My work watch is a Casio G Shock
    My Dress Watch is a Kenneth Cole

9. Reformation Student

Old school on a budget? That's easy..A miniature sun dial strapped to the wrist :D

10. Will

Will Nevermind

Naaaah, hour glass!

11. Reformation Student

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't get as many chances to wear it as I'd like to anymore. I don't wear suits for work and even when I did, 3 piece suits were hard to come by.

12. Reformation Student

Even better :happy102

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I used to wear watches...nothing exotic, mind you. Couldn't afford a Rolex so I just settled...Seiko and the like. Then I noticed that I had this enormous DENT where my watch had been. Stopped wearing the watch and a year or so later, the dent finally went away. It's what happens when your skin ages I guess. You'll be there before you know it, my friend.

Now, don't you feel bad? :p

14. Reformation Student

I have that dent too. I figured it was because I've gained so much weight :eek:

15. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Could be, I guess, but I haven't. All I know is, I stopped wearing watches and the dent (eventually) disappeared. At work, I have a PC clock and Outlook reminders. Outside of that, I really don't care what time it is. :D

16. rick

Yep. I do.....

You must be REALLY old !! :eek:

The only dent I ever had was what was left in my butt after my ex took my wallet :mad:

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Keep this up and you may NOT be there before you know it. Some really old guy is gonna deck you. As for part two...Serves you right, JoAnna.

18. rick

I am curious about this dent issue.....
    Did you wear the same watch all the time or did you rotate different ones ?
    Only asking cause I've never experienced this and I go back and forth between 4 0r 5 watches.
    Tis a puzzlement.......:confused:

DOC:
    Old school watches pop up on the bay all the time.
    Dont need to spend a fortune just find some styles you like and git er done.
    Hamilton has some really great retro pieces but they aint cheap.
    By cheap I mean under a Ben......thats my definition ;)

19. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Same watch for years. When it died, got a new one and wore it for years. Day after day. No AD problem here. :) Wouldn't think that rotating watches would have helped...it's still a band wrapped around a wrist. Besides, watches aren't like shaving brushes...one watch is plenty! Actually, NO watch is plenty. :D

As for not wearing one, I don't miss it at all. For a while, I kept looking at my wrist to see what time it was, but got over that soon enough.

20. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :confused: :confused: :confused: