The Watch/Timepiece Thread

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sejanus, Apr 2, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

My wife gave me this Bulova on our wedding day. For our first anniversary I bought her the matching one. Threw them both in for the picture. ;) I don't typically wear both, although I may consider it if hers fit me. ;)
    [​IMG]
    I love this watch. It is comfortable, the face is very thin, has much sentimental value, and I think it is classy. Unfortunately I have a tendency to break the crystal, and they charge me $80 to replace it. (twice in 5 years)

edit: How embarassing, they are 5 seconds off! ;)

2. ColbyPants

ColbyPants New Member

I find myself heading the other way. As I mature (mind you I am but a sprightly 29), I find myself nostalgic for more traditional/finer pursuits. Thus my interest in good bourbons and scotches, fine hand rolled cigars, and fairly recently, wetshaving. I actually just bought a watch tonight, because I started feeling that maybe using my cellphone as a clock is not the "mature" thing to do (as always YMMV). Its an extreme cheapie for now (like 1% of the cost of some of those posted here I bet!), but I have never worn a watch regularly before (and cant during the week at my factory gig), and want to see if I will like it before upgrading. If I do, I will upgrade.

That all said, anybody have suggestions for entry level priced, quality watches?

Here's my Wal Mart practice watch!

Attached Files:

3. Empty_One

Empty_One New Member

Don't have a camera handy, so I just snagged a photo off of Amazon. It's a Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700.

Attached Files:

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I like that citizen

5. Empty_One

Empty_One New Member

Thanks, me too. :)

It's my first 'real' watch, and man, the thing is heavy.

6. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Nice! I like!

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

See post #13, this thread. :cool:

8. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I have a cheap Seiko kinetic made for South-East Asian markets. Therefore I have Arabic writings between 1AM and 3AM. I have no idea what they mean.

9. Austin

Austin Member

Here are a few from my collection.

[​IMG]

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Now we are talking watches!!!!!

Raf

11. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Omega, Bulova, Rolex; oh my! :)

12. Empty_One

Empty_One New Member

I'm only 35, so I figure I have a few years until my wrist starts caving in.

13. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yep, about 10-12, I'd say. :D

14. lab1dobie

lab1dobie Member

Don' have any pics, but I have a 1971 Omega Geneve and a 1988 Omega Seamaster. The 71' was restored by a jeweler friend and is beautiful.

15. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Whoa - very nice, Austin! :drool

Here's mine:

_MG_2251.JPG

An "Alpha Saphir Classic" handmade in Austria by Jaques Lemans

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Very Nice Klaus