The Wilkinson Sword Sticky Razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jamie Mahoney, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Jamie Mahoney

Jamie Mahoney Well-Known Member

I just thought I would start this post regarding a razor I dont own, and being someone who as never had much interest in vintage DE razors I thought you Guys could give your two pennies worth of knowlege on this razor, as I have already stated I have no particular interest in vintage DE razors but something about this razor that I have always liked, it's the clean lines and the simplistic design of the razor, this kind of no nonsense less bling thing as always been something I look for in most well designed objects. it will be interesting to hear your views on this razor.

Regards Jamie.

Keithmax likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If I had a bucket list for razors, this is one of the few that'd be on it. But I've never seen one in person and can't even recall seeing a review from a user. I too look forward to knowledgeable replies to your query.

Keithmax and Jamie Mahoney like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I owned one and personally didn't like it. Too mild for me. So I sold it. Also while the handle does get sticky or tacky when it is wet, it is useless if you have shaving cream on your hands because then it is just very slippery since it has no knurling on the handle. This meant I always had to make sure my hands were dry and free of any run-away shaving soap or cream.

4. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Interesting, I'd never even heard of that razor before.

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to find one now. I tried ebay in the UK and found one, but the seller doesn't ship out of Great Britain. It does look sleek. I think I could deal with the mild shave.

6. Mark Tyers

Mark Tyers Member

Just bought what looks like a mint condition one online. Seller described it as a plastic Wilkinson Sword razor so probably put a lot of buyers off! Paid £20 which seems fair.

Keithmax and Tjebbe like this.
  7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

+1

gorgo2 likes this.
  8. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

That was probably just the plastic Wilkinson Sword razor, not the metal vintage one. This is the vintage one. $image.jpg

Keithmax likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have the vintage metal one and the best shave it could give me was due to a Feather, and even then it was only so-so. It was a great idea for a razor but...

Keithmax likes this.
  10. Mark Tyers

Mark Tyers Member

It’s identical to the one in your photo complete with a case with secret blade compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tommynick, Keithmax and PLANofMAN like this.
  11. Mark Tyers

Mark Tyers Member

It’s just arrived. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ijustmissedthe50s and PLANofMAN like this.