The world's first 7 blade razor is here...

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Justin Linker, Oct 6, 2015.

1. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you here, Mr. Nathan. Filing patents is a good way to keep others from accessing that idea as a full fledged market product.

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

When they first introduced the 2 blade razor they said the first blade lifts the whisker and the second blade cuts it off. Now I guess the first blade picks up the whisker, the second takes it to dinner, the third to a movie the fourth gives it a good massage yadayadayada and finally when the whisker least expects it the seventh blade cuts it off 6 inches below the surface of the skin.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I'd rather have a 7 days Wilinson Sword Empire. It's one razor with seven blades as well, but more to my taste.

7 days empire.jpg

4. engrsaks

How do you re-sharpen (hone) the blades once these become dull?

macaronus likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Yes, but think of how much time you will save! You have only to put that monster across your cheeks, twitch it roughly an Angstrom or two and your whole face is BBS.

Drygulch, macaronus and cmorris357 like this.
  6. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

That joke was funny ten years ago.

engrsaks likes this.
  7. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

I liken 40 years of multiblade razor shaving to sticking your face in a fan. My Monday shave was OK, Tuesday it began to hurt, Wed-Fri. raw hamburger meat, no shaving on weekends if I could possibly avoid it.

engrsaks likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The seven day sets came with a stropping attachment. A properly stropped blade will last for years, and when they did wear out, you could buy replacement sets of blades.

macaronus and engrsaks like this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

engrsaks likes this.
  10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

The complete set has a strop as well. Plus the blades can be removed and be honed seperately. Try that with a Dorco! ;)

engrsaks likes this.
  11. engrsaks

That is exactly what I am asking, how do you hone these? I know a straight razor can be easily honed but these blades are small and can't be honed by hand right?

12. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

This reminds me of an MadTV sketch -

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  13. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Some of this type of set had a handle you could put the blade on to hone it. I've been told you can hone them by hand and been told descriptions of how but I'm afraid my memory isn't letting me know how right now.

engrsaks likes this.
  14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I found a picture.
    $_57 (8).JPG

macaronus and engrsaks like this.
  15. engrsaks

macaronus likes this.
  16. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

That joke was never funny...:sick002:

Jerry-built Hustler and engrsaks like this.
  17. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the Spishak spoof just made me wet myself.

18. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Neat!

And there is => *this link* <= about honing wedge blades. Not exactly Wilkinson Sword blades (those are narrower and have a hollow grind), but it may help. ;)

engrsaks likes this.
  19. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Something has started bothering me about the Dorco Pace 7...

How is it that Dorco, a relative newcomer, can make a 7-blade cart when Gillette, with over a century of experience, hasn't broken the 5-blade barrier? Is this a case of the Pace 7 being purely about blade count and not shaving science, comfort or necessity? Or is it the case that we have hit a new low in American engineering and material science (i.e, 50 years ago we could land a man on the moon...)?

Thoughts?

JR

engrsaks likes this.
  20. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Perhaps it is about the balance between size of the cartridge and the distance between the blades. When the gap between the blades is too narrow it clogs up too much and it is too difficult to rinse out again.