The world's first 7 blade razor is here...

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Justin Linker, Oct 6, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I've got to imagine that at least one or two of those blades pat the whisker on the back, say "there there" and make him feel better about his diminished self-esteem before he gets cut.

Bymainer and macaronus like this.
  2. Bymainer

Bymainer Active Member

This advancement has certainly been their Sputnik. A woeful day indeed

3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

From what I read, other than being the first and for now only 7 bladed cart, the Dorco Pace 7 offers NOTHING to the shaving world!
    Micro positioned blades(aren't they all), venetian flow(don't all multi blades carts have that), common docking, its seems the advanced moisturizing strip with antioxidants from Argan oil and Calendula extract is the big deal.
    Other than that its just a Trac2 with 5 extra blades. What amazes me is how they sell these carts by adding one blade at a time. Of course that way they basically sell the exact same design over and over, pretending each time it's brand new and cutting edge with each version and of course asking for more and more money with each new version! If a multi blades cart is so superior to a single blade why not jump to a 10 bladed cart? I also noticed there was no explanation of what exactly makes 7 blades better then 6 or 5 or 4 or 3 or 2 or 1?
    I'm sorry IMO it's all just salesman BS. The Trac2 IMO was a truly new, innovative idea that had merit. The mach 3 IMO was an attempt to improve on that idea. The rest are just ways to swindle money out of people and while they all will work they have no real validity other than to make money for safety razor manufacturers..:)

preidy likes this.
  4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

:thanks: That's so funny. Do you have anymore? :party:

engrsaks and richgem like this.
  5. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

It might just be a case of Gillette knowing when to stop. The fact that Gillette still backs the Mach3 as one of their top razors is an indication the Fusion/ProGlide wasn't the barn burner they'd hoped. I would guess they recognize they have little to gain by going even further down the road of "more = better."

6. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

Also, the technology isn't just about shoving in more blades. As has been discussed elsewhere, no other company has managed to reproduce Gillette's spring-mounted blade design, first introduced with the Sensor, despite the fact the technology is well past patent protection. That means no other company is able to produce a bona fide clone of any Gillette design over the last 25 years. I'd say that's pretty much the opposite of American technology hitting a new low.

7. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

Here are the differences between dorco 7 and Gillette fusion proglide

• Gillette fusion proglide comes with spring mounted blades (spring mounted blades were introduced 25 years ago). Other brands (including Dorco) still haven't figured out, how to mount blades on a spring and make those more responsive to skin contours.
    • Gillette fusion proglide comes with Patented skin comfort coating which glides on without giving you any feeling of being scrapped. I can run the blade a dozen times on one section of my face and still don't feel any irritation. Dorco or any other brand doesn't have it.
    • Proglide blades are designed using the finest nanotechnology. The edge radius of a proglide blade is 15-25nm only. On my face, it cuts the whiskers way easily than any other blade (not counting the electric shavers)
    • A single proglide blade can last 15 shaves. I still need to see any other blade do that on my face. :)
    • A proglide blade goes through 78 spot welds before it is complete for QC inspection. That is even more than most car manufacturers. This is one of the main reasons why Gillette is not moving into more blades. Too much production cost per cartridge and too many blades to fit in limited space.
    You might want to take a look at the links posted in following thread. A lot is mentioned there about American engineering :)

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/are-you-into-shaving-science.47164/

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  8. engrsaks

Has anyone ever shaved with this disposable razor? Seems to me, the razor head is similar to dorco pace 7 but with three blades.

[​IMG]

9. richgem

Looks very much like The dorco pace 3 dispo vwrsuon. But i dont hsve one right here to compare

10. engrsaks

Indeed but it also looks more like Pace 7, doesn't it? :lam:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. richgem

For sure

engrsaks likes this.