They're back at it.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MTgrayling, May 18, 2009.

1. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

http://cgi.ebay.com/1960-Toggle-Gil...ryZ35989QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Somehow a Toggle that had plating that was worn through and worth less than $100 is now going for an outrageous amount that a mint condition version with a case, shipper and all the paperwork may barely even approach.

"A fool and his money...."

I was fine with this. It took care of most of my concerns, but I fail to see any initials or marks on this corrupted razor. :confused:

This Toggle comes after a late 40's Aristocrat that looks exactly like one these people have trashed months ago shows up in a President case. Yep, I knew it would happen sooner or later. :rolleyes: Good catch on that faux President Rick!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140320593582

Dude you really, really need throw your damn worn razors away instead of doing this to them, please!

Collectors beware!! These are hard times for honest people looking for original razors.

May all your razors be original. ;)

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's a BIN.

3. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

Interesting... I guess the sellers are trying to charge for their labor :D

4. Teiste

Teiste New Member

it must be that.....:confused::confused::confused:

5. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

the $375 price tag still floors me. even an utter noob will balk at that price, and collectors know better.

caveat emptor indeed!

6. paydepst

paydepst Member

Well guys it has been sterilised!!

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

Just be glad he didn't have it replated GOLD!!! A gold toggle in nickle just looks wrong. The chrome toggle is more different than just the plating. I only hope he stamped it.

I thought this guy was trying to serve a niche market, and unknowingly stepped in it with collectors. I thought he was doing the right thing after a gaffe. Now I have to reconsider. This is a velvet Mona Lisa with dayglo lips.

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Well, I hope they don't get anyone to buy it:mad:

Yes, very good catch on that President Rick. It actually looks like a Regent tech because it doesn't have endcaps (or it could be just and early Aristocrat with missing endcaps and you can't tell since it was plated over). Even more rare:rolleyes:

9. ctakim

ctakim Member

Yikes, that is more than the cased Toggle I just bought!