Thirteen Words for Y'all

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by 1OldGI, Mar 19, 2010.

1. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Carlos Freakin Santana!
    Creedance Clearwater Revival!
    Crosby Stills and Nash!
    Jimmy Freakin Beam!

Yup, pretty good evening at Casa GI!

Oh yeah, forgort one, it's more than 13 words but:
    Stevie Ray Freakin Vaughn

2. geneaut

geneaut Member

Sounds like a good evening, brother.

3. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

NICE playlist.

4. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

LMAO Old GI. I bet in the day, we could have rocked the house DOWN!

5. Luziana_Geezer

Luziana_Geezer Active Member

Add some Airplane and Zep to that list and the house would be smokin' too. :signs021

6. southernscribbler

absofrigginlutely! As a matter of fact, My son, Bob, has my Zep box set. I remember when he was a teen, tuning into the local radio station every night at 9:00 p.m. to listen to an hour of "get the Led out". Ahhh a fine young man he has turned out to be!

7. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

Ha! Next Friday I'll get back to my roots and rock some Lynrd Skynrd, Allman Brothers, The Outlaws and .38 Special. Back in the day Black Jack Daniels would have been my libation of choice but I had an unfortunate incident with JD that resulted in a life long aversion. It's Jimmy Beam or Makers Mark for me these days. Old Grand Dad or George Dickel are also acceptable alternatives but both are pretty difficult to find these days. Fortunately the wisdom born of age has made me a bit too smart to get this carried away on "school nights". If I had to work on Saturday, I would have been pretty rough around the edges. Or as Hank Williams Jr. so eliquently put it, "Hangovers hurt more than they used to."

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Uhhh, yeah. I've been meaning to talk to you about that.........:D

9. southernscribbler

rut roh!?

10. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

One of the truest lyrics I've ever heard :cool:

11. Beings as I hail from the mudhole where I-30 intersects I-40 (map link), please permit me to recommend some delicious regional cuisine: RAM JAM. By "recommend" what I actually mean is "strongly recommend".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aHSJT8btQ

12. azshaver

azshaver Member

You forgot Jimmy Hendrix and Eric Clapton

13. southernscribbler

Forgot? No way. I thought we were just speaking of groups and bands, not guitar GODS!

14. Sparticus 6/8

Sparticus 6/8 Member

Thats a real shame, I don't drink JD much anymore due to not being able to stop until I've finished the bottle and I'm not a pleasant drunk anymore. Things change huh.