This product got me wondering, why can't Gillette release an attachable lathering system?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by engrsaks, Nov 24, 2015.

1. engrsaks

engrsaks Well-Known Member

The following product is actually intended for body grooming purposes. But, imagine that Gillette releases an attachable lathering system instead of a trimmer. You can use it to apply lather and shave simultaneously. I believe this product (braun cruzer) could become a great product for those who see shaving as a chore and don't shave daily. No need for shaving cans and application using your hand, just hydrate your face and shave.

71pVlaSYYaL._SL1500_.jpg

2. DonMac

DonMac Active Member

That would be great!

engrsaks likes this.
  3. engrsaks

I have seen couple of other razors with built in lathering system. But, you have to apply the lather first and then shave. Philips norelco also once released a Nivea shaver which would apply lather and shave at same time. But, in my opinion, it was inefficient.
    If someone does release an attachable lathering system on which you can mount any popular cartridge razor and start shaving, that would be just great. :)

4. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Would it come with a boar brush? :confused:

engrsaks likes this.
  5. engrsaks

I wish I was the designer :) . But, wouldn't short synthetic bristles fit perfectly?

6. Jerry-built Hustler

Jerry-built Hustler Well-Known Member

Despite my fondness for some of the new-ish cartridges (Mach3 at the latest), I'm still an old-school latherer. I'll never give up my badger brushes and traditional soaps and creams - although, when I was in a hurry last weekend, I did just rub on some cream with my hands, did a quick single pass, and was pretty happy with the result. (Had to get to the theater in time to see an early showing of Spectre, you know.) So, I'm probably not the best person to comment on razors that eliminate the need to lather. That said, I am somewhat surprised Gillette hasn't made more inroads on this front. Norelco and Nivea partnered up to create gel-dispensing electric shavers, so why shouldn't Gillette do the same for blade razors? I wonder if Gillette's reluctance to go this route indicates less than promising marketing research. We know they've thought about it, given some of the patents you've posted for us.

engrsaks likes this.
  7. engrsaks

I too enjoy to take my time and go through a proper lathering routine. Lathering with brush prepares me properly for a luxurious shave. But, there are times when an attachable lathering system can come handy e.g. you can use it while travelling on a plane or just before an unexpected appointment/meeting. Just attach it with your razor, go to washroom and shave on.

It is interesting to note that Gillette has only worked on razor patents that have built in lathering system and not stand alone attachable lathering systems :) . IMO, a third party attachable lathering system (which can accept any popular razor from any brand) will get a good reception from majority of men who just wish to rub the razor on their face while their eyes are still closed in the morning drowsiness.

8. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I prefer a razor to shave and only shave and my option for lather. With the variety of soaps, creams, gels, tubes, cans brushes and mugs available why be pushed into whatever option gillette decides is best?

engrsaks likes this.
  9. engrsaks

I understand your point of view totally and agree with it too. I see my self in the same category as you. But, we both know, many men out there don't like to shave and they find it to be a chore.

10. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Me too, I love the razor handle as its own tool, but I can see where a lather/gel/blade device would be helpful for others so inclined.

11. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The dispenser nozzle would never fit with all those blades ;) or maybe you need one nozzle for each blade? Hmmm.....

Anyhow, early tests didn't quite go according to spec...

[​IMG]