This SBAD Sickness of Mine...

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by msandoval858, Sep 27, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

So I was sitting here this evening poking around on the net looking at brushes, as I often do. A few clicks later and another is on the way.

Brush number 40 baby!

Here's to SBAD and my race to catch up with Peter :happy093

2. Duckster

Duckster Wabbit Season!

Wow, 40 brushes!! :eek:

We'll need to see an updated class photo of all your brushes when # 40 arrives.

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Wow..... and not one of them is as cheap as my one brush.

4. drP

drP Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Mike,

I know the feeling ;)....but rest assured: the good news is it'll slow down and eventually it will extinct...
    the (s)bad news however is that you'll have to go about 120 more brushes before you'll reach this particular state of mind...:D

BTW: which one did you acquire?

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I heard it was a Tweezerman.

:happy102

6. ChargerFan

ChargerFan New Member

I bet he got..oh, no he has that one, or maybe he got a.....no, He has that one too.

Enjoy

7. msandoval858

8. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Now that is a big one, congrats!

9. apswartz

apswartz New Member

How many do you actively use in your rotation?

10. msandoval858

I don't really have a set rotation, I just kind of use whatever I'm in the mood for. Some get used more than others obvioulsy. I pretty much use them all though.

11. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Do you ever use Boars? If so, which ones?

12. minderasr

minderasr Member

Mike,
    Out of all your Simson brushes, if you had to choose one and only one, which is your absolute favorite and why?

Just curious.

:cool:

13. msandoval858

Hard to pick just one, I like several for specific reasons.

If I had to choose though, I'd say my new Chubby 2 Best (yes, post Vulfix) is one amazing brush. Perfect size, density, softness in tips. That brush hits every one of my preferences.

14. minderasr

minderasr Member

Interesting. I ask because (as you may or may not know) I've been jonesing for a Simpsons Tulip. However I'm unable to physically hold one before choosing a size. I have a CH1 Best, and recently acquired a CH3 Super, and (following the size chart on Em's site) have been using them to judge what I might like. I love both the Chubbys, but find the 1 too small and the 3 too big for my tastes. This has me leaning towards a T-3.

Opinions welcomed. Apologies for the thread hijack.

15. msandoval858

Tulip 3 is a great brush, however coming from your experience with Chubbys, it's possible you may find the Tulip to be a bit too soft. Don't get me wrong, they are not floppy compared to other brushes (EJ, Vulfix, Kent, etc), but they are noticeably more so than a Chubby. Aside from that, the Tulip is a very fine brush I don't think you'd be dissapointed with.

16. minderasr

minderasr Member

How does it compare to the Persian Jar line? I have a PJ2 Super...and love that one as well. Thanks for the comments Mike. Much appreciated.

17. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Are the T2 and T3 that different? I find my T2 to be quite firm and the absolute LAST word I would use to describe it is floppy. My Chubby 2 Best is also firm, but splays out quite a bit in use. Neither is floppy in the least, but I'd come closer to using that term when discussing the Chubby than the Tulip. Perhaps that is misleading...the Chubby is not at all floppy, but the Tulip is even less so.

I don't know how the PJ2 Super compares, but the PJ2 Best is little firmer than a Kent. Comparing the PJ2 Best to either the Chubby 2 Best or the T2 is, well, night and day.

18. msandoval858

Interesting that your T2 is more on the firm side. I would say mine is about medium on the scale of stiff to floppy... if that makes sense. Is yours 2 band? Maybe that's the difference. My new T1 is very firm but I haven't used it yet.

As for the PJ's, I agree with you 100%. My PJ3 Super is an awesome brush for creams.

19. Padron

Padron Active Member

His is a 2 band, and yes......they are quite firm :D My 2 banded brushes are much firmer that the 3 band supers...I hope they can get more of that hair in the future.......

20. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Yep, my T2 is a 2-band. Beautifully firm! :D