Thread for Florida Denizens to Check-In During & After Irma

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bird Lives, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hoping and Praying all our FL friends and Denizens are cool...sitting somewhere watching the storm on TV.
    Or maybe in a Hurricane Proof building having the Hurricane Party Dreams are made of...

I hope every one returns to find everything in order...But whatever the case may be...Please Check-In and let us know...Where You Are....How You Are....BEFORE...DURING....AND AFTER THE STORM!

Love you all.....Let us know, Who, What, Where, and How Are You Doing!

Jayaruh, Zykris, Rusty blade and 2 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Hello Lloyd My Brother! No damage here. The power just came back on! Things could have been much worse, considering the eyewall cruised through here about nine miles south of me.

Three days without power was bad enough, but at least I did not lose water service, so cold showers and cold water shaves were a bit of a relief.

3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Glad to know that you are ok!

Jayaruh and Yehuda D like this.
  4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

My dad, who isn't on here very often anymore, Southernscribbler, had no damage and didn't even lose power. They had a harrowing night but no damage to any of my immediate relatives.

I lost a shed and a carport pole barn and a section of fence to wind and a tree, respectively. Luckily we live in Alabama now and only had to suffer the anxiety of the storm from a distance.

Queen of Blades, RyX, Jayaruh and 2 others like this.
  5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I grew up in Huntsville. Parents still there. Small world.

Yehuda D, Zykris and battle.munky like this.
  6. battle.munky

We live in SE Huntsville. I have been all over the southeast and by far this place is my favorite, liked MD a lot too but Huntsville is far more temperate in the winter.

PLAla and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

My parents are over on that big golf course over the hill. I went to the HS that used to be on Bailey Cove Road, but is now west of the parkway.

PLAla, battle.munky and Yehuda D like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My prayers are still going out for everyone who lives in the area to have safety.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zcws.gif
    You gotta have the water.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I hope y'all are good!! I know you have a huge task ahead and I'm praying and thinking about you all.
    Good bless.

PLAla likes this.
  11. battle.munky

I really hate to have hijacked this thread, but we live off Bailey Cove Road on the other side of the street from the golf course and my son graduated from Grissom HS.

The world gets smaller and smaller my friend!

Bama Samurai and PLAla like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

My home turf.

I lived off Todd Mill, south of Weatherly.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    battle.munky likes this.