Threading the needle...the fear of a newbie!

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by baldone, Jan 26, 2016.

1. baldone

baldone Member

Hey everybody! OK, I'm a newbie, and it's confession time, I've been a lurker in the past. So here's my threading the needle analogy. I have been passionate about shaving for many, many moons. I first started shaving my head before head shaving was somewhat acceptable (I got a lot of odd looks, rude comments from older folks, etc). That naturally led me down the path of seeking different and various products. That search led me to creating my own shaving cream and HERE's where I tread delicately. I want to participate in this forum, but I don't want it to look like simply a shill for my company! So I look forward to participating as a bald guy who shaves his head, face and legs and I'll post on the vendor forum when appropriate. I just didn't want to be called out as one of those guys who creates an acct and says, "Hi new people, look at this swell new product I found that nobody else has ever talked about!" But (cue the patriotic music) now I come out of the shadows, a man who loves to shave, looks forward to it, who may have in fact started a small company with products that help him with his hobby, but now he's here, here to stay!" I am the Bald One and I approve this message! :) I look forward to stopping by often!

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi!

AGHisBBS and baldone like this.
  3. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Den fellow baldie :)

AGHisBBS, baldone and Robyflexx like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm not a moderator, so I'll leave the fiddly legal bits to Those In Charge.
    As to the product you have brought to market, please share more info! I'm still in my first year of wet shaving. Everything is new to me. I have tried several creams and find they perform on a level close to tallow based soaps. After being around for a little while I see shavers that are affected by certain ingredients. Unscented, PABA free, gluten free, low calorie, all natural... Those don't concern me as such. I'd like to know about your New and/or Improved! What flavors do you offer? How does your product compare to brands I have experienced?

5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

hello and welcome.
    why would a dude shave his legs?

AGHisBBS, RyX and baldone like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  8. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Welcome, glad your here. Tells us more about your product.

[​IMG]

9. baldone

baldone Member

HAHA! I love it! Because I'm THAT manly :) No, seriously I'm one of those "ultra runners." I do races of 50 miles, 100 miles, I run a fund raiser in my community, this will be the 6th year in a row, where I run for 24 hours around a track to raise money for our middle school (California budget cuts have taken a lot of stuff away). Sooooo, many of us ultra endurance types believe shaving the legs helps with heat dissipation when you've been running for a few hours, especially in the summer. Might not be true, might only help a little, but after trying it, it's hard to go back to bushy! And my wife hates it now when there's stubble under the covers...hers or mine :)

chrisbd, AGHisBBS, BeShaved and 5 others like this.
  10. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

I see nothing wrong with it. As a dude that works out everyday I trim mine with a norelco men's groomer. I feel I keep cleaner and smell less with less hair while sweating at the gym. :happy088:

AGHisBBS, BeShaved and baldone like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome to The Shave Den! You must be quite aerodynamic! :happy068:

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to TSD! Please sign up for the Newbie Give-Away HERE

13. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi, nice to meet you.

baldone and AGHisBBS like this.
  14. BeShaved

BeShaved Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD!

baldone, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Good morning!

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

17. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Welcome from a fellow head shaver. I no longer shave my legs for cycling...or for any other reason.

baldone, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  18. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

baldone and Robyflexx like this.
  19. phillpsych

phillpsych Active Member

Having the need to buy shaving supplies like some have a need for cigarettes... (well maybe not that extreme)... knowing a new member also has a shaving related product to sell just makes me curious. Welcome.

20. baldone

baldone Member

Thanks everybody! OK, for those who asked about the product, I officially posted something over on the vendor forum, thanks again. I'm absolutely digging this place!

AGHisBBS, RyX and Robyflexx like this.