Timeless .78

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Feb 24, 2019.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys
    This came a week ago and I've spent some time getting used to it and enjoying this razor. First off, it's gorgeous, also heavy. The razor is handle heavy so that might be off-putting to some who might prefer a different balance but I found it pretty easy to drag around my face. I used a PolSilver blade and Mitchell's wool fat soap. Very comfortable and efficient. I enjoyed the shave and to me, you have to pay attention because it can bite the unwary. Which is a good thing, you don't take it for granted. Very different from my AS-D2 which is almost as easy as a cart to use. So a great purchase, a very refined and well-made razor. Nicely aggressive without getting scary. fullsizeoutput_6d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_76.jpeg fullsizeoutput_6e.jpeg

brit, RyX, battle.munky and 1 other person like this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I agree it's a great razor, as is the SB. I ultimately may sell my SS 95 as I find the Bronze a better shaver for me.

It is curious to have a bespoke handle balance south of the traditional balance point, I don't think that decision (and 130g weight) adds anything to performance and makes head shave more of an effort than it would be with a somewhat lighter handle. Apparently it's a Timeless feature as my SS 95 is also a bit handle heavy if less than the Bronze. Fortunately grip is ok, so not that big of a deal.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
    huck1680, brit, RyX and 1 other person like this.