Timex vs Casio

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by FanofAceVentura, Oct 4, 2014.

1. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

I've had many Casios searching for the right one but theres only one Timex I wear every day whats youre take

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Timex - It is my every day watch during the work week. I may wear another type on the weekend.

FanofAceVentura likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My every day watch is a Citizen Eco-drive. It is light-powered, so no need for batteries & no worries about batteries dying at the worst possible moment.

subvet and FanofAceVentura like this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I've got a Casio G-Shock. It synchronizes the time with the national clock in Denver every night.

wristwatchb and FanofAceVentura like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm a $25 Casio kinda guy. With a battery that last 10 years. Can't go wrong.

6. FanofAceVentura

same with my Timex but the face is made out of steel :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used to be a watch geek, had many nice watch's my favorite being a Zodiak automatic Gold Point. Don't wear a watch anymore because the smart phone has the time

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My '60s Sheffield dive watch just went kaput on me last week, so I'm probably going to be wearing this pretty much daily now.

[​IMG]

It looks better with the less dressy plain brown band I have on it but I think Timex RUINED it by going with the sunburst charcoal dial rather than matte black...the old style tan hands just don't go as well as they would with black. So if I could afford it (never), this would be the perfect watch for me:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Citizen Eco-drive b/c I don't like round watches and Citizen is one of the few manufacturers (in my price range) that make rectangular ones.

10. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

I inherited my late Dad's Tag Heuer. I wear it day and night.

11. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I've broken 13 Timex watches in my career. I've had the same G-Shock for over a year now without any issues whatsoever from +45 to -60C

12. FanofAceVentura

I've never had a G shock if i ever did thatll be the one ill switch over for

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

This 1961 manual-wind Bulova belonged to my brides's dear uncle, and I am blessed to have it now. It sat in his watch box for years, and my bride had it restored for me as a birthday present. I wear it on a gator strap. It is not water-resistant anymore, so I use it as my dress watch. :happy088:

Bulova.jpg

FanofAceVentura, gorgo2 and Erik Redd like this.