Timor Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jgreenepa, Sep 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Does anyone have experience with these blades? Some have said they’re rebranded souplex (G&F) or Merkur. Does anyone know anything about them? Kamisori sells them on their site. Has anyone used them? What’s been your experience?

Enjoy your shaves,

Jeff

Enrico and brit like this.
  2. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I don’t have much experience with those blades, but I did get one Timor packed with a G&F 1353K razor and bought another single Timor blade in a sampler. I can understand that they might be rebranded Merkur (or perhaps both Merkur and Timor use the same source), since the two brands behaved very similarly for me. My Merkur blade experience is limited to about a dozen blades - one tuck and the single blades that were packed with the 8 Merkurs I’ve purchased.

The reason for the limited experience is the limited success I’ve had with both the Merkur and Timor blades. They were neither sharp nor smooth for me and did not improve on the second or third shaves. For reference, I use a lot of Rapira Platinum Lux and Astra SP blades. Generally I have enjoyed Russian blades like Voskhod and Nacet and get decent performance out of most blades I’ve tried. Frankly, I was both surprised and disappointed the Merkur and Timor blades didn’t perform for me.

jgreenepa, Enrico and brit like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i went the well driven path and started with german wilkinsons then astra sp when i started this endeavor..since then i have found exception blades i like in the russian gillette series and not looked back..vintage gillette spoilers are also hard to beat..i would try a timor if one landed in my lap but am not actively searching out new blades .the merkur blades i got with my 34hd and 1904 oc were ok but didn't enthuse me enough to pursue them..

jgreenepa likes this.