tip: post shave balm - your way

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by pascaldoron, Feb 25, 2019.

1. pascaldoron

pascaldoron Active Member

Ever wanted your post shave balm to scent like your favorite perfume?
    Or maybe you have a splash aftershave for your liking but wanted it to be more like a balm?

disclosure:
    The below vendor and myself are not affiliated by any means, and I'm not being paid or profit by this post.
    You may actually use any other brand of similar product.

There is a way!
    Aveeno is fragrance free daily moisturizing and soothing lotion. Just mix a drop with your preferred fragrance and you'll have a great post shave balm which is non-greasy and your face will be soft and smooth.

I'm doing that a lot with clubman's splashes..

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    brit, John Beeman, RyX and 3 others like this.
  2. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

This works great for a post shave balm! I started applying it to my face about 6 months ago. I really liked it for dry skin and tried it one day when I didn’t have a matching shave balm for my aftershave splash. It’s actually better than my balms and still lets the scent of my aftershave come through. It’s good stuff!!!

brit, RyX and pascaldoron like this.
  3. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Cetaphil also makes a good unscented lotion that is for aftershave use. @pascaldoron, great idea adding a little splash to get some scent going.

RyX, Tiredricefarmer and pascaldoron like this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Great idea! Works with Sanex 0% as well, though I usually first apply an aftershave splash, and then follow with Sanex 0% lotion.

RyX and pascaldoron like this.
  5. william beer

william beer Well-Known Member

I currently use Nivea Cooling for Sensitive Skin aftershave balm. Very sensitive skin. I get irritation much of the time despite being careful with my technique. and I use very mild razors. The Nivea really helps to heal my skin and calm it down quickly before my next shave. I shave every day. My wife has some Aveeno; I'll have to give it a try. Neat idea, thanks!

brit likes this.
  6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I've done the same quite a few times.
    I've also used added my favorite scents to unscented body wash for the shower.

brit likes this.