Tips for female DE

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by ella, Jul 26, 2012.

1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    When you post the pics, I don't want to see bloody legs.;)
    Sorry, couldn't resist. I figured you were talking about pictures of the razor, not the..ahem...legs.

asleep2shave likes this.
  2. ella

ella Member

Yes, the razor! My legs are too pale to properly photograph ;)

Here it is:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

My first shave was amazing! The shape of the head makes finding the right angle almost automatic, and wow does the heavy head do all the work. No nicks or razor burn, smoothest shave in years. In one pass this cut as much hair as 2-3 passes with my injector. I can see shaving becoming enjoyable instead of a dreaded chore :)

I used a Personna blade to start. I also have Derby, both from a PIF. I've been using soap and water (nice milled soap) and used it for this shave because 1) I have no shave soap, and 2) controlling factors to test the razors against each other. Now to buy a brush, and get some soap from TSD. I'm keeping an eye on ebay for an adjustable DE, too.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I know it's called the H.I.S. Brush, but it is big enough to be a really good brush for leg shaving, and it's affordable, and they have a clear model. Just my 2 cents.:p For the money, it can't be beat.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0088HXMK2/?tag=thshde-20

4. asleep2shave

asleep2shave Well-Known Member

I too find that my lady gillette lets me get away with 1 pass, giving me a smooth shave. I could never get away wit 1 pass using an injector

jill8 likes this.
  5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Ella, congrats on the great shaves. The weight of a DE razor does do the work. It is good that you can feel that right away, which explains why you are getting good results. Just wait until you try it with real shaving soap & a brush. It only gets better.