To Frank Sinatra-Happy 100th

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Bird Lives, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

txskimo and BigCabDaddy like this.
  2. Bird Lives

What are your favorite tunes or movie scenes?

Heres one of my favs:

3. Tjebbe

Tjebbe Well-Known Member

With a DE :)
    [​IMG]

4. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

He's one of my favorites. The Master of phrasing on all his songs. Amazing how he was still active and in demand at age 80.

If you want to buy just one of his albums. Buy "September of my Years" from the 1960s. I got hooked on it in college, and have been a fan ever since. Even though I never left Rock & Roll.

5. Bird Lives

You can say that again....When Miles Davis, who is always on every serious Jazz listener's short list of one who set the bar on phrasing and how to interpret a melody; was speaking of who HIS biggest influences were when he was developing his melodic skills....and he said without reservation, Frank Sinatra, and Orson Welles....

Now thats a tall compliment! Whew!

6. Bird Lives

I checked the other photos from that series and he's definitely using a Gillette adjustable...probably a fatboy....Wonder what Sinatra's Fatboy would go for on fleabay?......lol....whew! See the top pic below....it's an adjustable....
    image.jpg

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Tjebbe likes this.
  7. Bird Lives

Opps...I just realised these photos are from Time Magazine in 1965...That means a Slim....and notice the low profile razor head....Yep, it's a Slim, and he looks like he is really into the shave and doesn't care about being photographed...He would have fit right in around here...I hear he was very much into good grooming habits and dressing details, like wearing a tie bar and shoes being shined....and he appreciated those qualities in those around him...Once he said he could never consider marrying a woman who had no idea of how to shop for a man's tie....
    Remember how impressed we get when our wives surprise us with something really hip concerning shaving?

Yeah, he would have fit right in around here...}8^))