To Skike or not To Skike

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SSLSTudio..., Aug 18, 2008.

1. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

2. Pokerstar

Pokerstar New Member

I saw someone out on those yesterday at a park near my house, looked like fun!

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Very interesting -- and a serious calorie burner, no doubt.

4. Will

Will Nevermind

Why do I have Nordictrack ads running through my head???

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

many cross country skiers do this in the off season to keep conditioned.

6. Padron

Padron Active Member

Looks like fun and a good workout to boot :cool:

7. SSLSTudio...

I will be going in a little earlier tomorrow to my gymn so as to talk to the guy that goes over the Skiken 8 weeks course. I am going to set up a free 1st trial lesson I think this will be awesome ! and as im going on my holiday soon to Sweden, its perfect there the nature and big long roads. cardio killer im sure.
    The shoe size is variable since you use your own sport/running shoes you lock into an adjustable system so you buy one system more people can enjoy it!

8. SSLSTudio...

It was a disaster the trial lesson, the guy didnt prepare the equipement so I was training on faulty equipment then the gloves for the sticks was like he had 2 right hand gloves. the trainer went its NOT my Day ...

I was very tired aswell as I had worked from 8am-4:30 pm that day
    The guy went this aint working let me go get proper equipment.

He came back and said its really AINT his day he needed to blow up the Skike's Wheels and they go up to 7 Bar ! thats why you can use these in woods and Skeelers you would def. get hurt going OFFROAD ! but these are perfect for offroad . he then said try mine so I used his SKIKES for a bit again he is much taller then me so his setting wont work for me... all in all I maybe tried it for 15m but just as I was getting used to the feeling he said call it a day this aint working let me get proper equipment and do this trial lesson again.

but this has given me inside that this is THE CARDIO way for me to loose enormous amount of Fat in a fast time the ABS get a work out aswell as you bend thru you knees and push off with the sticks im getting my own gear now.

I just hope to have enough feeling with it to go high speed during my holiday in Sweden and I leave pretty soon ! :mad:

and the mountains and woods are super in Sweden I just hope the weather stays because as of now it is October weather since 2 weeks here in Holland major DRAG ! :mad:

Until the next Skike Update...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTFeWTYi1M&eurl=http://www.cross-skating.com/

9. ktulu64

ktulu64 New Member

I do believe I could break every bone in my body doing this (coordination of a small intoxicated child)

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Haha, I am sure practice makes perfect with this :)

Sorry to hear your first try didn't go all that well Rene, it does look like a lot of fun and a great cardio and workout in general......

My wife and I have been hitting the regular inline skates a lot more lately and that may be a good option for you as well for the paved trails / streets etc......with low traffic. I like the inlines as I can really get my heartrate up much higher than on the mountainbikes....It's a lot of fun too.

Be sure to bring a camera with you on your holiday, hope you have a great time and congrats on trying out the Skike :)

11. SSLSTudio...

Ah Thanks Neale will sure do, and yes thanks for the reminder ! I always forget the camera because its so small ! a Nikon D80 you wont forget that its always a luggage thing must prepare that I'll try to shoot some shot ill have a laptop of my own available from my friend he has 3 at this house its nice when you have geeky /techy friends :D

The normal Skates I want to try that out aswell as to condition the body in different ways thats the key secret really to toning, our body adepts so fast to a new workout by suprising it with different techniques it will get confused and will have no choice but to improve health,muscle everything to cope with that.

thanks for your Post Neale without it I probably would not have come up with the idea of trying it. and just bring my running shoes and run a bit but thats so boring and hard on the knees aswell.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

Sure thing Rene,

The Skike and Inline skating will both be a lot more forgiving on the knees than jogging and running....the higher speeds make it a bit more exhilarating as well :D