TOBS Group buy?

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Single Wedge, Jan 31, 2009.

?

TOBS group buy Y or N and Quantity

1. Yes Less than 5 Units

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yes More than 5 Units

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No

10 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Anyone interested. I have sent off an email to TOBS. Telling them that I could probably secure a 50 to 100 piece bulk order if the price was right. I think between three forums I belong to I can do that.

2. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

I have always wanted to try some eton college...

3. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I am already trying to work down 5 tubs! :happy102

THIS, however, is some outstanding cream indeed. It is the least expensive of the the 3 T's, but by no means is it a "budget cream".

4. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

What kind of price point are you trying to get to with the group buy single wedge?

5. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

The price for cream is 6 pounds 95 which I think is $15 I am trying to get it to $13 or $12, $10 if I am lucky. VAT is my biggest enemy so I hope for $10. We will discuss that when I get the return email.

This is my first bulk buy so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.

6. cooncatbob

cooncatbob Member

I could go for up to 5 tubs if the price is right.
    I usually buy 2 at a time form Classic.

7. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Um, no offense Wedge, but Vintage Blades has it for $13.49 a tub. Even if you got it for $10 a tub, I don't think there would be much advantage once the order was broken up into the individual shipments. Are you thinking that they will sell it at a wholesale price? I don't think they will undercut their own retailers.

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

WCS has it for $14 and his shipping is one of the cheapest around. I think if it was a higher price point item and it was harder to obtain then it might be a good idea. But a tub last 3 months with daily use and honestly I think the price is already dirt cheap IMO. Trumpers tubs for $18 would be a damn good deal though! Sorry for ramblin....that would be a no:( You also have to look into shipping back out to the members. Being 5.2 oz...it would be at least $3.25 to reship which would eat of up any savings:(

9. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

Like I said It was just an idea.

I sent off the email so we will see what they come back with.

If I can get it $8 tub that would be more in the ball park for some.

10. Churchill

Churchill New Member

It's always worth a try SW!

11. Single Wedge

Single Wedge New Member

I just received my email.

Dear Sir,

As a gesture of goodwill, any order over 50 pieces we will discount from £6.95GBP plus P+P to £6.00GBP plus P+P; however, these shipments will be done by FedEx which can incur customs and broker charges.

That would be absolutely not worth it.

Sorry guys

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I have to say that it was nice they offered a discount at all for 50 tubs. Good cream for sure. Thanks for the leg work SW.

13. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Very good try! It still seems that it MSRP and not the true cost unless the profit margin for TOBS is extremely low:( That was awful nice of them though.

14. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Thanks for taking the initiative to look into it for us SW.

15. lsbrodsky

lsbrodsky New Member

Thanks. I just bought some on the UK Ebay that are priced at the exchange rate. As you know the Pound is down. He shipped postal so my net price was less than anything I have bought here in the US.
    Larry