Too many shaving forums!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by olafurson, May 21, 2009.

1. olafurson

olafurson Member

Grrrr...

Why, oh WHY do there have to be so many different forums out there for wetshaving?

SRP, SMF, B&B, TSD? Really? We need that many?

All the cool people, come over here. That's all I'm saying.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Everything ok? :confused:

3. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I think the creators of each forum can't access the others :happy001 If everyone could just get along there would only be one forum to rule them all... It would probably be the same with countries in the world...

4. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Then it would be too cluttered and I'd be hanging out somewhere else...;)

5. Queen of Blades

Noooo........I have full access to B&B. :D

6. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Actually Im glad that theres too many forums and you can find one where you feel more comfortable sharing and learning from others.For me this is THE forum

7. olafurson

olafurson Member

Thank you so much for asking, JoAnna. Reading that made me realize I was getting more frustrated than I knew. :ashamed001

Here's my problems:

1. There really are very few shaving products, all things considered. So when somebody posts something for sale, there's like 3,000,000 other people hovering over their PM button to buy it about 6 hours before I even get to read the post. Grrr!

2. I'm starting to like some of these guys on these forums, and it's really hard keeping track of them on so many different sites. How are you supposed to develop an online conversation with someone if he's already switched over to posting something different on another website? What if he posted about something I'd like to talk about, but it was two weeks ago and I missed it because I can't read everything on all the websites at once?

8. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

:cool:

I......will..... nevermind:happy102 I will say i do have access as well:D Thank god for work IP addy. I so want to rant but I will keep quiet:D

9. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Full, huh? :happy102

10. Queen of Blades

I was joking. I meant full access as in the type of full access I have here at TSD, mod access. ;)

11. Queen of Blades

Ahhh, sorry can't help there. I've always been a one forum kinda gal.

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

They already are. That's all I'm saying. :happy088

13. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Since the big comparison almost always seems to be between TSD and B&B I can sort of understand your frustration. However, if you look at the types of the various forums on the two sites and the tenor of some of the answers given to some questions and reviews, I do believe you will find some subtle and not so subtle differences. I wouldn't be surprised if this were true when comparing other wet shaving sites, as well.

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Is it perhaps a case of competition?

15. freddy88

freddy88 Member

Why should it be? Ultimately, I'm looking for answers to my shaving questions. Sometimes the answers are found on one site, sometimes the other, and most of the time I get good answers on both.

16. crackstar

I am grateful to this Group, because I can consider it like a 2nd home. I am also very active now at Gut Rasiert, because my German is much better than my English.

17. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Yeah,I wish I could find a good community like this in spanish...maybe I should start one...mmmmmm

18. crackstar

It's never too late! :) But, you speak very good English, my friend!

19. Teiste

Teiste New Member

Vielen dank mein kullegin,but you always feel comfortable with your first language and theres not a single spanish speaking forum about wet shaving and thats sad...

20. freddy88

freddy88 Member

I have said this before to you two but you simply don't listen. ;) Your communication skills in English are superb! :happy096 I have received a lot of very useful information from both of you. Unfortunately, I can only communicate in English. How much shaving knowledge would I have lost if you didn't use your superb English language skills? :thanks