Too Much For Me

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Williams Warrior, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I think my slant is going to have a very short stay in my rotation, it's to damn aggressive for my neck. Yeah, it delivers a very close smooth shave, but if I'm not zoned in perfectly it gives me irritation around my adam's apple every time. :mad: I'm loving my EJ89L more and more.:love055

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I never used a DE89, but I had a short affair with the slant. I didn't have a problem with the aggressiveness of the razor, but I just didn't like the shave. I thought it performed sorta like the HD, but just worked a bit better. For the first few weeks I was infatuated, but then it quickly subsided and I sold it.

How much time did you give the razor before reaching your decision?

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I, too, had a short date with the slant. It was in my early DE days and I found it just too aggressive. I now wish I still had it, only to see if my rough shaves then were actually the fault of poor technique. It may very well have turned out the way my SE shaves are - used to be any more than three SE shaves in a row and I'd get burned. No problems now.

Try this, stash the slant way in the back on the top shelf, then come back to it this time next year. See if things have changed.

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Man, I love my slant! It is different though, I'll give you all that. When nothing else seems to be doing the trick (injector, vintage Gillette, str8) I go to the slant. She delivers smooth, long lasting shaves every time. I reckon its kinda like a dragster: it'll get you where you need to go, but the slightest wrong move and you are thrown through the air with a bunch of flames and metal close behind you.

5. Williams Warrior

I've only had it a week, so I've logged 5 shaves with it. Not enough to really get to know it, so I will follow Steve's advice and put it away for a while and try again at some other time. Unless someone wants one through a trade or something.

6. Brian

Brian Active Member

What are you looking to trade for? With the aggressiveness nature I'm not sure I'd use it, but it might be nice to add to my growing collection. Do you have a photo of it by chance?

7. OckhamsRazor

OckhamsRazor Member

When I first started using my slant, I found it to be way too aggressive and stopped using it. When I decided to give it a try a few months later, I found it to be an exceptionally smooth gentle shaver. It took me some time, but I really enjoy using it now.

8. Williams Warrior

Don't have a picture, but it's just a standard 37c. Any of the vendors have pics of them on their sites. As far as trades go maybe some other type of DE razor.

9. Brian

Brian Active Member

Interested in a Murker for a Murker? I have a new Model 180 Long Handle, I 've used for about 4 shaves and I'm just not getting into it. I know I just need to lighten up on the handle, (treating it like a modern cart razor) but I am enjoying the Vintage Gillettes I have. My taste may change down the road since I'm new to the D/E scene but for now I'm pretty happy with what I have. I also seen on a shop review on that 37c, the angle is close to a straight razor, which I've been wanting to try out. So, pm me if your interested.