Too Much of a Good Thing

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Racso_MS, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Are you ever overwhelmed with the number of post/threads on this site. Often I feel that way. :ashamed001 I'll look and I'll see 330 unread posts. :eek: I think, "Man, I'll never be able to read that many posts/threads". And true enough, I can't.

Sometimes, I just have to pick a few that I think may interest me and respond. No way I can read them all.

I'm in the 21st century stuck in the 20th/19th century: pencil and erasure. :happy102

2. Xezmer

Xezmer Active Member

It's not impossible. :D

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Oh yeah, I definitely feel that way at times, but I do usually read them all.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :sihns011

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I think it's just Bill and JoAnna who read everything. I do some days, but not most.

6. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I understand what you're saying. I DO like the feature that I have just today noticed, and that is the little arrow at the side of the last poster that allows you to go to the last post. Sure makes it easier to follow a well responded post that you have been following without having to click through all the posts that you have already read. Not sure if it's a new feature or not, but thanks to whoever thought it up and made it happen!

7. Queen of Blades

If you click the envelope-looking thing/chevron-on-a-square in front of the thread title, it takes you to the first un-read post in the thread. :)

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

OMG, you just....you know what you just did don't ya? :thanks

9. Queen of Blades

I did it about 14 hours ago. :D

10. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

:cool:
    yeup
    well, duh! You're supposed to
    not a new feature, it's what I use 97.8% of the time
    yeup...how'd you know? :happy097
    no, I don't....
    what'd'ya do? Inquisitive minds want to know! :D

11. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Nope, never overwhelmed by the unread posts. I just peruse the posts and click on the ones that seem particularly interesting. It is possible to learn plenty in this way, so no need to read 300 posts per day. IMHO that would be a huge chore and would take the fun out of being here at TSD.