Tool box for your shave tools

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by John Beeman, Feb 8, 2014.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I was in Lowe's today and came across this little tool box marked down from $30 to $15. They had them packaged under two different brand names but they were all identical and in the very last aisle of the tool section. The only color was black with chrome drawer pulls, it's all metal and the plastic tool holder trays are easily removed. The tools are mostly junk but for 15 bucks I wanted the box and I'll probably go back and get another. I've got another mini tool box (from Snap-on) but the drawers aren't deep enough for razors so I'm keeping some of my blades in it for now. My plan is to either use standard 1/8" drawer liner or possibly use foam the depth of the drawer and cut out slots for straight razors or something like that.
    0208141402.jpg
    0208141402a.jpg
    0208141406.jpg
    0208141406a.jpg

Attached Files:

2. blk05crew

blk05crew Well-Known Member

That's a good idea, nice find!

John Beeman likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cute...

John Beeman likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I like it!

45auto and John Beeman like this.
  5. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I would be very careful with the Straights and Brushes. I had a Weber that I left in a little cedar chest and guess who decided to make a visit, Rusty. The brush could also have its hairs rot. I don't mean to burst your bubble, just don't want to see you lose that stuff. Good idea for Software though.

John Beeman likes this.
  6. Cool Breeze

Cool Breeze Sushi Shaver

Sweet, When I go to work I keep my stuff in a plastic storage tub. Your idea is much better. What better for a MANS tools than a tool box. Classic

Boojum1 and John Beeman like this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'm thinking maybe a couple of those little silica packets that are used to keep things dry might be a good idea in each drawer and I only put the brush in the picture to give an idea of the size of the box and it's storage areas. I keep my brushes on individual brush stands but I've been thinking of something similar to an under shelf wine glass holder that would let me suspend them inside one of my cabinets or on the underside of one of the shelves in the storage closet where I keep a lot of my shave soaps. I saw this one on Home Depot's website that looks like it might work (with some slight adjustment).
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Knape-Vo...lass-Rack-ST-11-50-R-C/202808827?N=5yc1vZc89h

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    GDCarrington likes this.
  8. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Nice find! :happy088:

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:happy088: Was just going to suggest that.

macaronus likes this.
  10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

That's an excellent idea. Thank you for posting it. You say you got it at Lowe's ? Maybe I might go look around.

45auto likes this.
  11. DudeShaving

DudeShaving Member

Looks like my acquisition disorder will bring me to this point soon - a box to carry my products.

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Looks like I'll be needing a bigger tool box for all the shave gear I seem to be collecting…:p

[​IMG]

13. R.D.Nelson

R.D.Nelson Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of a tool chest for shaving supplies, reminds me of these pictures on facebook. 17253f2ccc74b7009e0e44f375bd8ad2.jpg toolchest sink.jpg toolchest vanity.jpg

14. Razorsnake

Razorsnake New Member

I like the way you think! Using products in ways they were not designed to be used . Thinking outside the box , more of us should do this more often.

Boojum1 and PatrickA51 like this.
  15. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Needs more stickers!" :happy102: :happy097:

[​IMG]

Boojum1 and PatrickA51 like this.