Top 10 Best Safety Razors in 2018 Reviews

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Admiral Beez, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Admiral Beez

Admiral Beez Active Member

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    This list is most definitely aimed at new entrants into our hobby.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    zhesright.png

BigMark83 and PickledNorthern like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Blah. Most men use cart garbage I bet. Not electric....could be wrong though. Who says butterfly open? How about TTO? Why not just get the vintage stuff? Those are knockoffs for the most part anyway.

brit and PanChango like this.
  5. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I believe they have written a "Top Ten Most Popular" article and called it the "Top Ten Best"... where's the Muhle Rocca? Any Razorock entries? ATT??

IT'S ALL CRAP I TELL YOU.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  6. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I don't think they actually have anything to base this list on, other than their personal preference. The writer sure does like long handled Razors.

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    The Feather AS-D2 is the best razor on the list. Many of us have one and it is most definitely a quality razor.

Frijolero likes this.
  8. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I don’t even think he based it on personal preferences. I find it highly unlikely that anyone deep enough into wet shaving to have tried all/most of these, would call them the best razors. Over priced EJ clones? Every last one of them is available on Amazon.

This was an article tasked to somebody with little or no idea about the topic, who did a little minimum research, and set up the click-thru links to Amazon for the revenue.

I would love to see his top ten brushes. Guarantee the Escali/Tweezerman Pure Badger would be on there.

9. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Parker and Merkur propaganda

Frijolero likes this.
  10. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

11. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I think PN is right about that, it is not Parker/Merkur propaganda. It's just Amazon add revenue. All have Amazon links...

Also the guy can't write worth anything that should be professionally published.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    brit and Frijolero like this.
  12. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

if that's the case then he should stop writing

13. Admiral Beez

Admiral Beez Active Member

Poor content aside, I was pleased to see some interest in our hobby.

14. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

This, this is what I missed the most, Jayaruhs witty memes and comics .

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm not half the wit I used to be.

16. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

I have the Utopia Long Handle razor that is #2 on that list. It was my first razor. It's a solid beginner razor with a wonderful handle. The head is not 100% square so the blade exposure is not even on both sides. I now use the handle with my Merkur 33c head and I love it !!!

17. brit

brit in a box

i had ej 89 with the lined handle and sold it. i still have my merkur 34 hd, i definitely like short handles better.at least these are mass produced razors on the market.de is here to stay...
    would like to see a top 10 best new razors on the market. ie karve, blackland, rex ,rr ,att, etc..

18. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Lame list. Utopia? Chrome plated so the brass won't rust? Brass doesn't rust.

BigMark83 and brit like this.