Top 3 Shave Sticks

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SILKS, Aug 11, 2018.

1. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

My three favorite sticks in order of preference Speik, it is slick and has a very pleasant scent. Tobak, which seems to last forever, and has a great residual slickness, though Tobak's scent seems too heavy for me in the summer. And finally Arco, which is inexpensive enough that I can give it away along with any safety razors that don't appeal to me. Arco has helped me convert several friends over to the power of the wet shave.

RyX and wristwatchb like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

PM me with your address, I will send you a stick of Palmolive.

3. jwr3265

jwr3265 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased Valobra. The scent is kind of lame and boring but the performance is outstanding.

While Arko is very good and consistent, as one poster stated earlier, it can be drying.

Valobra leaves a great post shave. I actually grated mine and put it back into a small twist-up container. Their packaging isn’t great.

Highly recommend Valobra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Z-2

Z-2 Well-Known Member

Arko, Palmolive

RyX likes this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I've only tried two shave sticks, Arko and Palmolive. Arko seems to perform a little better, but Palmolive has the better scent.

RyX likes this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've tried Arko and La Toja. Both work great for me.

7. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Palmolive. The only one I own. I have two sticks mashed into the bottom of a mug... Cost me 98 pence and has lasted 4 months so far!

RyX likes this.
  8. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Tried and true... ;)

RyX and richgem like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Another vote for LaToja and Tabac shave sticks. Both are great, and they frequently go into my travel kit.

If you already have a favorite shave soap, you can grate it, press it into a twist-up container, and make your own shave stick. I did this with Mitchell's Wool Fat, and it made a great shave stick.

RyX likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

I forgot about that one! Thanks, Charlie ;)

Might have been @John Ruschmeyer that PIFed to me an upcycled plastic deo applicator packed with my first sample of Tabac. Very good lather and post shave hydration. The scent is divisive as some are fine with it, but others find it a bit Grandmaw perfumey. It's a dense triple milled soap that last for many shaves.

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

Arko,Arko,Akco ha ha

RyX likes this.
  12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Arko. La Toja. Palmolive.

13. brit

brit in a box

wilkinson sword ,derby,arko.. work well for me, they are the only ones i have..

14. bayercy

bayercy Well-Known Member

Tabac , Speick , Wilkinson sticks are very good ones.