Top ten active review

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by matthewoli98, Jul 21, 2019.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I went to dischem yesterday, and i was really suprised to see a huge increase in wet shaving supplies since the last time i went there which was about two months ago. Not only were the shelves stocked with the giant 500 gram prep containers, but they had the clubman aftershave soap and cream range as well as top ten active which is a fantastic Bulgarian cream! This stuff cost me about 25 rand, which is rediculously cheap, especially considering this is a 100ml tube.

Scent wise, it has a very strong colgne scent, so strong in fact that you dont need an aftershave, i applied prep as an aftershave balm, and i can still smell the top 10 a few hours later, super impressive stuff!!!

In order to evaluate its slickness and how well it lathers, I paired it with my most aggressive razor, the fatip piccolo so that i can test how well it protects my face from razor burn, and i have to say it gives a fantastic shave.

Scent: 8/10, super long lasting scent, a bit on the sweet side but it definitely appeals to the younger crowd and overall has a very pleasant scent.

Slickness:7/10, one of the slicker creams ive used, usually i prefer soaps which i find have way more slickness in general than creams, but this stuff has Very decent slickness compared to some of the other creams available.

Lathering: 7/10, a large pea sized amount is more than enough for 3 passes, lathers very well and requires minimal water, a damp brush should be more than good enough.

Protection: 7/10, this stuff produces a very thick cushioning lather, very very impressive stuff for the price.

Price: 10/10, this stuff is among the cheapest available here in South Africa, and im super glad dischem stocks this stuff and sells it for the price they do, it costs about 25 rand which is about 1,8 dollar's, super good value!

Overall this stuff will probably become my standard cream, i tend to stick to soaps and shave sticks, but this stuff is great for traveling.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

RyX, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Thanks, great the review. Another thing I'll have to try. The box says menthol, too. Is it very noticible?

Yehuda D and johnnyflake like this.
  3. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

Very weak menthol.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D, johnnyflake and Frijolero like this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Kinda figured. Thanks.

By the way, when I was in Malawi last year, the Game store in Lilongwe had Super-Max shaving cream. Another fine Bulgarian cream, I believe.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very good review :).

Yehuda D likes this.
  6. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Sounds like good stuff. Can you mail me one?

RyX and Yehuda D like this.
  7. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I have this cream also and it’s a very subdued, scanty menthol sensation which becomes sort of noticeable after a cold water rinse. It’s still excellent stuff and I like it a lot.

Frijolero, RyX and johnnyflake like this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

D8758DDE-EE8C-450D-8A7C-881543A1614E.jpeg This is the Top Ten Sensitive cream which is also wonderful. The scent is beautiful - a blend of aquatic and minty. Believe it or not the menthol sensation is stronger. Not a face freezer but it’s fairly cooling.

brit, Frijolero, RyX and 1 other person like this.