TRAC II handle fits what carts

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Glasstream15, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Glasstream15

Glasstream15 Member

I just got a brass TRAC II handle and picked up some Publix (I think Personna) blades and I like it. I have been a DE and SE shaver for over a year now, Gone back to what I started with 55 years ago. Now I am interested in this twin blade cart idea and am wondering if there are others, like Atra or something that will work on this handle. I'll never go back to a Fusion and the electrics are now confined to ear hair trims, but the twin blade seems nice.

edit for typos

2. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

The only carts that will work are the slide on Trac II types. The Atra and Sensors have little "clips" for lack of a better word that attach to the carts. There are carts available that will work on either the Trac II or the Atra, I've got some CVS brand that are pretty good, I used one on an Atra handle this morning.

I'm a huge SE and injector fan but have been using and enjoying the Trac II, Atra and Sensor some lately. I used them all back in the day and it's fun revisiting them again.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thanks for the info Tom. I wasn't aware that there are carts available that will work on either the Trac II or the Atra. I've got one of the Gillette all-metal Atra handles and one of the Gillette mini-Atra handles (from Italy) and use them both quite regularly in the summer months when I keep my head shaved.

4. RABIDMONKEY

RABIDMONKEY Active Member

I use a chrome trac 2 handle and use wally wilkinson trac 2 blades to shave my head

5. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I want to try a trac two or astra... Not sure which one... I do enjoy the gillette blues. Do they both swivel? Or?

I love my Gillette blues but want something... a tad greener and classier than a disposable piece of blue plastic.

6. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

The Wilkinsons from Walmart work pretty well on either handle, also Dollar General sells some that are made by Dorco, they cost $1.25 or so for 6. I like them a lot and at twenty cents a pop they are dirt cheap.

The Trac II cartridge is fixed, the Atra swivels. I like the Trac II a bit better because it doesn't swivel. A really good handle that works with the Trac II carts is the Personna Bump Fighter that is sold at Walgreens, Rite Aid or CVS. It comes with a single blade cart that I found useless but the handle is very well built

Regan and IAmTheJody like this.
  7. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Thanks HOOOSIER. That is what i thought but didn't want to say it and just be butt backwards. I like the little swivel of the blue so might have to get me a astra... will go to wally or something similar. Thanks :)

8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Those are all my dad uses. We were talking the other day and he vented that the price on those has now gone up to $1.50.

9. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

A friend recently gave me an old cartridge razor handle that came in a really shinny metal travel case. I think it uses track II or what ever the very first one of those was. Thinking to get some of those cheap carts at wally to try it out but not sure if those carts are any good and the DE seems to act like a snow plow while the carts tend to get buried in the snow. I can make that really ginormous thick and heavy lather I like and the big head really clears the road.. lol. I also found that the carts seem to work well.. maybe better with gels and alternative lubricants.. like peanut butter..again lol...