Traveling to Atlanta

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Scorpio, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Any good shaving related places to visit???

What is the latest on items restrictions as far as carry on is concern?

Raf

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

I remember someone mentioning This. Nuttin fancy but they do have antique displays.
    An Art of Shaving on Peachtree Road. I think Ralph Lauren Health and beauty is near there but don't know what they have.
    All I can offer!

Best!

3. steamroller of funk

steamroller of funk New Member

Arent there like hundreds of peachtree roads in ATL? I remember seeing it on an episode of Travelers.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nope, but there are many streets with the word Peach in their names.

5. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

This is near Lenox Square, he can find it.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Are straight razors allowed on flights?

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

As I understand as long as they are in your luggage it is ok. In carry-on luggage with you in the cabin nope. I'm flying non-stop so I think they will be ok.

Raf

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Cool. Other than the razors being an issue - I guess the only other rule is the 3 oz size limitation on toiletries? (and in a plastic bag) Seems ridiculous if you ask me :rolleyes:

9. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Yeah, safety razors are okay in carry on, but not straights. Liquids and gels in 3 oz. or less containers, and all in one zip lock plastic bag.

And the AOS store near Lenox Square is all I know of. C&E and L'Occitane in the malls.

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well, I just wanted to let you guys know I made safely and with about 2 hours sleep. That ol' army training on sleep depravation is kicking in. Ok I'm off to Road Atlanta for the American Le Mans Series race. Pics to come.

Raf

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Raf, glad you made it safe. Hope it's a good trip.

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Have a great trip, Bud. Looking forward to the pics :drool

13. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Have fun on the rest of your trip!

14. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Fantastic! Have a safe trip! Take lots of picks and let us know about any "shave" finds.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Well today I realized a childhood dream of watching a real car race. What a spectacle it is, all of it. It is an experience that touches many of our senses Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch I am at a loss for words. The smell of the race track and the cars, the speed, did I mentioned the cars, the noise. Everything you can feel it all the way down to your bones. Le Mans series is my favorite racing style and today a dream came true for me. I was so close to the track I could feel the wind wash from the cars as they passed my area. Road Atlanta is a famous track. I have driven this track many times in my XBox but seeing it in person was just awesome. Oh yes promotional car girls everywhere and I have a pic to prove it:D

Today is a day I will never forget. After coming back to my brother's home I hugged him and thank him for making a childhood dream come true. Oh yeah I'm coming back next year.

We are going to transfer the pics to a disc and then post them. It was just freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Raf

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Glad you had a great time....cant wait for the pics ;)

17. caveman3

caveman3 New Member

Actually, there really are quite a few roads with "peachtree" in their names, here. Peachtree St, Peachtree Rd, Peachtree Battle, Peachtree Corners Circle, and Peachtree Industrial Blvd all come to mind. There are more on top of this, but that is a good start. There is also the fact that the same road changes names many times in some cases and also the opposite where you must turn many times to stay on the same named road. I love this city, but it is anything but a simple grid pattern with logical road names. We also have the nasty habit of abbreviating road signs such as P'Tree Crns Cir for Peachtree Corners Circle or John Fry Rd for Johnson Ferry Rd. It must be truly maddening to a visitor.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Glad you had such a great time, Raf! ::

19. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

I spent my last day at the mall with my brother. We went to Nordstrom to find T&H creams only to find out that all the T&H creams had been pulled out of every Nordstrom in the Atlanta Metro area. In their place...Jack Black
    They still carry AOS.

Raf