Trouble getting into SMF . . .

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by ThePossum, Dec 24, 2008.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

I have not been able to access the forums at SMF since yesterday (Tuesday) morning. SMF and TSD are my go to sites for shave related info and talk. If you all can get in I figure that I must have messed up somehow. Can't seem to get into it even contact the mods.

Any help would be appreciated. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

2. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

AAJC is a mod on smf and b, you can try to contact him on b.
    it's been down longer than just yesterday.

3. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Not to badmouth SMF, but it seems plagued by problems and when it is running correctly, it's painfully slow. Too bad. There seems to be some very good content.

Just my experience.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I can access SMF all way up to trying to read a thread. It then gives me some error message.

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Very nice and receptive forum. They just need to update the tech, because it is painfully slow and a pain to get around.

6. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Thanks folks for your input on this. Thought maybe I had problems of my own creation.

I have to second some of the thoughts said in this thread about SMF. I love it but they have been having some problems with it being up and down and when it does go right it is slow. I sure wish they would get things fixed as I liked what I got from SMF and TSD. Good honest help and opinions.

And please don't tell me to try out B&B. Been there done that and I don't like to have my posts censored without an explanation just because I mentioned a vendor who had broken their rules and had been banned. That stinks.

Okay, for something that stinks I suggest they get some of Queen JoAnna's great EDTs and other sweet smelling stuff and try it on for size.

Thanks again, and for letting me rant a bit.

7. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I tried without success to get into SMF. Perhaps, I was banned? :confused:

8. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

If I only knew what SMF was.

9. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Mods please delete if inappropriate

single masochistic female :D
    shavemyface.com

10. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

it's mean shavemyface.

11. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

:happy102
    SMF = Shave My Face

12. Shep

Shep The Shep Abides

Don't know why but I've never created an account there. I think it's because their site doesn't work at my job computer if memory serves. Anyways I just got into their site w/ no slowness or trouble but when you click on a thread it says the content is not available and "Debug Mode". That doesn't sound good.

13. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

It does down pretty often with that message usually but it's back up in a day or 2, this time seems to taking longer than usual.

14. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

Geez, I missed that the other day. I was pretty frustrated, but I'm glad it led me here. Twice the fun! :)

15. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

and half the calories.

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

WHAT?!! I always thought it was "Smell My Fart". Don't I feel silly! :whacky011

17. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

What'd you say? Pull your finger. Well I guess that couldn't hurt anything....

18. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Agreed. I really don't enjoy having to open a thread to see what it's about. But, I also agree it's a nice place!

That's been my experience, too. I just now (10PM PST) tried SMF and I had log-in problems?

19. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Has anyone heard any news?

Hopefully, they'll be back after the holiday.

20. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I am not a member there but is the PM system working at all? That would really impede proccess if you didnt know email addy's:( Toughh situtation all in all:(