Tryphon Florida Water Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by hyperwarp, Jul 12, 2007.

1. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

I really like the old time L&M Florida Water Cologne. I like the smell. I like that
    it's got "good Mojo" in the Hoodoo world. I like that it's cheap. I like that it has been around continuously since 1808.

Has anybody tried the Tryphon Florida Water Shave Soap? Would like to hear some about it !!!

Thanks

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I'll have to see what people say because I'm not familiar with it. I've seen it referenced though.

3. jlander

jlander New Member

I just recieved some in the mail. Really like the smell, but haven't found the cologne so I can't compare.

4. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

QED sells the L&M Florida Water Cologne for a reasonable price. If you Google it you can find it elsewhere's maybe a buck cheaper a bottle.

How does the Tryphon product lather up & shave? At $15 a tub/cake it seems a bit pricey compared to other soaps. A mini report would be appreciated !!

Thanks

5. St. Croix

St. Croix New Member

Many of the Wal Mart Super Centers sell Florida Water. However, they are not with the colognes. They are stocked with the high end soaps.

St. Croix

6. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

LOL...down here in the TW part of the state formerly known as Florida, the TW pharmacies sell the Florida Water not in the shaving aisle with the Pinaud & blades but rather in the RELIGIOUS HOODOO aisle along with bottle Holy Water, Candles in Virgin Mary holders, Rose Water & stuff like that.

The good news is that it's usually less than $3 a bottle, the bad news is you gotta be in the TW part of Florida to get it at that price...

7. jlander

jlander New Member

I'll give a report on it as soon as it gets into rotation. I recieved a complete set of Trumpers cream samples the day after I got the Tryphon soaps. I've been a little cream happy since. :ashamed001

8. jlander

jlander New Member

I tried the Premiata Dilla Tryphon Florida Water this morning. I like the scent. This means another trip to the webpage from HE** to find it, sigh.

The soap lathers well and provides a reasonably slick cushion for the face, but it left my face feeling very dry after each pass. I'm used to feeling a little slipperyness when stretching the skin behind a pass. This time it was like pulling on skin that had just been cleaned with alcohol. Almost a tackiness. It may have been partly due to the GEM razor, but I haven't run into this before. No nicks or irritation, just very dry. The SCS Sandalwood ASB was rapidly absorbed.

I would give this soap an over-all rating of 8.5 out of 10. As always, YMMV.

BTW: I ordered 4 soaps at the same time. Giovanni offers 4 Premiata Dilla Tryphon soaps for $40 w/free shipping. That's less than $10 a tub. Not bad.

9. jramire2

jramire2 Member

If you're looking for the cologne, I've seen it at every CVS I've gone to in my area. It's not in the shaving section, but in the ethnic(hispanic) area of shampoos/soaps, next to some other "colognes" and weird soaps.

10. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Thanks for the update, Jay. Like that $10 price point way better than the $15 point but 4 tubs will last'ya many'a year most likely.

Anyone who like the Florida Water Soap or Tryphon FW shave soap should really try the L&M FW Cologne. It's been around since 1808 so it's almost like
    splashing on a Time Machine. Ask around your local "Big" drugstore or x-Mart
    as it's been noted by several guys that's it's not necessarily in the Shaving Section but could very well be in the HooDoo Section or Ethnic Section...

Just ask the cutest employee in the Shop to "help" yer sorry A** !!!! LOL