TSD Cigar/Tabacco Pass

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by msandoval858, Feb 16, 2008.

1. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Fellow lovers of the leaf,

I am considering putting together a pass for those of us who enjoy a good smoke here and there. I've had great success with this in the past one other forums and thought might be fun for us TSD folks. I am open to opinions as to whether this should be a cigar and pipe tobacco or cigar only? I'm more of a cigar lover but I do smoke pipes as well and have some fairly good tobaccos around to start the pass.

What I have in mind is a pass of good quality stuff. I mean no offense to anyone, but I really don't want to waste time passing around bargain smokes. Not there there's anything wrong with them for those of us who are budget minded, but I'm not real big on having OpusX, Davidoff, etc mixed in with cheapies. Most of the cigars I have in mind are going to be in the $8+ premium category and most pipe tobaccos will be tinned premium blends. I feel this makes the pass more valuable to everyone involved and gives us a chance to share some true connoisseur level goodies.

I'm looking for 5-10 people who might be interested. Let me know if you have any feedback on this and if you would like to partcipate and hopefully I'll work on getting something put together in the next few weeks.

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

WOW, what a cool idea! Too bad sending tobacco to/from/within Austria by mail is forbidden. Can't even order tobacco online here :(

3. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

I don't know if being in Europe is disqualifying, I would hate the good stuff getting stopped by the customs. That said, I have recieved and sent tobacco products from/to the US successfully before.

As much as I'd like to announce my interest, I also hesitate..:think001

I rarely buy anything else ;)

4. msandoval858

I'd certainly hate to have geographic location eliminate anyone from participating.. but customs can be an issue sometimes.

We'll see how many people are intersted and see if we can work something out.

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

I'm definitely in -- although I only have cigars. No pipe tobacco.

And no problem with adding some premiums to the stash. :cool:

6. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid New Member

I'd be down with a pass. I'd mostly be able to do cigars, but something cool like a cross pipe/cigar pass letting the pipe guys dabble in some cigars and the cigar guys dabble in some pipe tobacco.

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Mike, count me in.

8. msandoval858

Ok, heads up fellas...

Here's a listing of the tobacco I am considering seeding the box with.

The cigars are still undecided as I have to pick through my stash and see what I'm willing to send out the door. As for the tobacco:

Cornell & Diehl Serenity Series - Repose (sealed)
    Rattray's - Red Raparree (sealed)
    Samuel Gawith - Chocolate Flake (open)
    Ashton - Consumate Gentleman (open)
    Bill Baily's - Best Blend (sealed)
    Tordenskjold - Virginia Slices (sealed - aged min 10 years)
    Dunhill - Nightcap (sealed - aged 5 years)
    Gregory L. Pease - Odessey (open, good condition - aged min 6 years)

Now based on that list, I think I am set to accomplish a decent quality pass :D

...need more participants.

c'mon Rick, you know you want to...

9. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

It is illegal in France too. I usually break the law, but I wouldn’t want to do that with TSD’s set as I’m not the only person responsible here. Also, I wouldn’t resist the temptation of sending Cuban cigars in the USA. :D

10. msandoval858

Due to lack of participants and my own personal lack of free time to put this all together, I'm going to hold off on this for awhile.

Thanks for understanding :ashamed001

11. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Not an issue Mike. Thanks for trying. I don't have anything to contribute at this time so it was kind of moot for me to begin with.

12. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Yeah, it's all good, Mike. Heck, I just need to get back there and head over to Heroes and Legacies. ;)