TSD Lanolin, oh baby.

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by oldtrout, Mar 17, 2013.

1. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

Several months ago I purchased a tub of The Shave Den Lanolin Shaving Soap along with a lot of high-end sample creams. I put the soap away while I tried the creams. I completely forgot I had the TSD lanolin as I was blown away by the T&H creams.

About a week ago I started using the TSD w/ lanolin soap and I must say I am delighted to tell you the soap is excellent. I prefer this soap to a few for which I've paid quite a bit more.
    :bounce015:

I am using the 2x iced Old Spice type and when it's gone I will be buying again in a new flavor.

2. blanka

blanka I will not eat my shaving products. Promise.

I won a jar of TSD Iced Tea Tree Lanolin soap over the holidays. I've been saving it for warmer weather to try out, but I may have to just do it now. I've been using my TSD (non-lanolin) Count Chocula soap this week and loving it. JoAnna's wheat shaving cream is excellent too (I have the root beer flavor of that).

Queen of Blades likes this.
  3. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

I've been using the limited run soap w/ lanolin that past week or so and it is great. It's got a wonderful thick, rich lather and slickness like nothing I've ever tried (which isn't that much really) but I can't imagine anything a whole lot better.

4. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Used the Lanolin this morning in iced eucalyptus - very nice quality soap, and offers great skin care.

5. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

I got 2 flavors through a trade a few weeks ago and haven't used anything else since. This soap is kind of a deal breaker as you don't need to spend more money on potentially more expensive stuff.

6. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

I agree! TSD unscented lanolin soap is my favorite.

7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I'm glad you love the soaps! I haven't used the MWF yet, but I will never be without a Palmolive stick in my den.

Williams Warrior likes this.
  8. Williams Warrior

Yep! I've already picked out the next 2 scents when I'm finished with these.

9. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Hmmm, I haven't tried the Lanolin yet. I may have to order some when I get back in June; I'm pretty sure there's no way to get a TSD order to a grid reference ;)

10. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

The lanolin soap is awesome! I am a fan of it! Skincare is to notch like MWF!

11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Wow, you, Williams Warrior, and oldtrout too. Quit eating your soaps. Flavor=taste, Scent=smell. blanka, you even have a reminder under your username. :D

12. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I just ordered a tub of the lanolin soap barber shop scent from TSD, I can't wait!

13. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Man oh man, if I win the newbie prize I'm getting a tub of that! But what scent? what scent?

14. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed it but does anyone know how it compares to Mitchells Wool Fat? the one thing that was good in my shving life before I started shaving right was Barbasol used to make a lanolin based foam. cheap and good. at the time. so I'm very interested in anything lanolin.

15. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

Whenever anyone asks about a soap that compares to MWF I suggest they try:
    [​IMG]

16. Williams Warrior

I find the skin feel after the shave is comparable to MWF.

17. Mouser

Mouser Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's just the advice I'm looking for. I'll give it a try.

18. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Mike's Natural is a good option too. I think that is my top soap. He uses tallow, lanolin, kokum butter, and more ingredients.