TSD Soap Scent Strength

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Mr. Igg, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

How strongly are TSD soaps scented?

My sense of smell isn't good. (Reference point: I can smell coffee if I stick my face in a container of freshly ground coffee; I smell nothing different walking into a coffee shop.) I'd like to enjoy more than the quality of my shaves, so I'm looking into strongly-scented soaps.

I'm not looking so much for whether TSD <insert scent> is better/more accurate than <insert other soap>. I'm just looking for whether TSD is my answer for scents that will blast through my weak sense of smell and let me enjoy that portion of my shave.

In case it's your opinion that some scents are stronger than others, SWMBO strongly prefers masculine scents; she doesn't include the English gentleman version of masculine (florals, etc) in that definition. So, masculine, old timey, coffee, etc.

2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

I am sure JoAnne can add extra scent to the soap. I find the scen right on the money. I have 6 different TSD soaps and they are all nice. None of them overpowering. The lemon/cedarwood, coconut, and coconut lime verbena are my three faves. I would say order some samples. Melt them down and try them out. Good stuff!

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The strongest TSD scent I've tried is the TSD Signature (Bay Rum & Bergamot). It's very masculine and should appeal to most ladies. My wife finds it good, but not great. Thankfully, I get soaps for me and can enjoy it frequently. Colognes and stronger aftershaves I buy more for her, so no TSD Signature cologne :sad023

If you ask JoAnna, she most likely will add a little extra scent to your soap. She's tends to provide great service like that.

4. omegapd

omegapd New Member

the strongest I've tried is the Almond. The weakest, the Eucalyptus. I'm sure the same amount of scent is used in each sample, but the difference is pretty noticeable. The almond is great, though...

5. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Good ideas, Gents.

I'll try the samples, then ask the Queen (pretty please?) for a custom plus-up if I need it to get through my dense sense of smell.

6. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Just an aside...my previous post was the last post in the soap forum for something like 4-5 hours.

:eek:

Let's talk about soap, Ladies & Gents!

:D

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    :happy088

8. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Thanks, JoAnna!

9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member