TSD SOTQ Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by sean102385, Jan 20, 2010.

1. sean102385

sean102385 Member

Just as the name implies. Figure we can use this thread to discuss the eagerly awaited soaps that are hopefully arriving soon.

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! :D
    You beat me to it. I was going to start one as soon as I heard word from JoAnna the first shipment was on its way.

I've tried five different samples of TSD soaps: Wild Rose, Cedar Wood, Sub Zero, Bamboo & Teak, and Frankincense. All give up a great lather; it doesn't matter if it's a boar brush or badger brush. I didn't think I would like the rose (not manly enough for me, don't you know). I love it! I also really like the Cedar Wood. The Sub Zero scent is nice, but it's the menthol that does it for me with that one. The other two are okay, scent wise.

As I said, I've only tried the sample size. Each puck has delivered about 10 shaves (three passes each) so far! Still plenty left for a few more. How many shaves are you getting out of a sample size puck?

With all the other soaps in my rotation, I'm glad the 2 oz size was chosen. Just about the time it's gone, the next installment of the SOTQ should be showing up.

3. sean102385

sean102385 Member

being a newb i havent had the chance to try any of joanna's soaps. i am currently using vdh glycerine soap. so i am looking forward to this.

4. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

I predict you'll love TSD soaps if you've been getting good shaves from VDH. I've got several TSD creams (and samples), but have only tried one TSD soap - Dreamsicle (in a sample size that I received in a PIF). It was awesome.

I'm really looking forward to see what JoAnna chooses!

5. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

what is TSDSOTQ?

6. sean102385

sean102385 Member

lee you need to get out of the arcade sir. Soap of The Quarter

7. swarden43

Check it out here.

8. hoglahoo

hoglahoo Yesterday's News

gotcha, I remember seeing a discussion about a soap club, but didn't realize it materialized

HawkfanLon likes this.
  9. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    19 SOTQs done and waiting to be packed! :happy088

10. Razor&Pens

Razor&Pens New Member

I was wondering about the 'when'. :)

11. sean102385

sean102385 Member

awesome....cant wait

12. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Have they shipped yet?! Have they, huh? :scared011

Please, please hurry! Williams week is coming up, and it would be pure torture if it was delayed and showed up after February 1st! :angry017

13. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

:happy036:happy093:happy036​
    :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108 :happy108​

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:bounce017 :bounce :bounce017 :bounce :bounce017​

15. swarden43

YES! Just received my notification the SOTQ is on it's way!
    :happy023:happy023:happy023

16. MadCapsule

MadCapsule Member

Can't wait!

17. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy108 IT'S HERE! :happy108​

Awesome scent choice JoAnna! The packaging was a great idea, love the label!

Too bad I already shaved today...:sad024

18. sean102385

sean102385 Member

awesome maybe it is gonna be at my house today also....will use tonight if that is the case......thought you were going to be Bill.

What is the scent? i understand if you dont want to spill the beans

19. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Hope it lands there today too! I was in bed, but momma and the kids know to make sure I get special packages like this right away. :D

Nope, I don't want to spill the beans, I want it to be a surprise to as many as possible. :cool:

Here is a teaser of the neat packaging JoAnna chose, I added the mustache for effect...
    [​IMG]

20. swarden43

:D :D :D

Thanks for not spoiling the surprise. According to the USPS tracker, mine should be waiting for me when I get home today. :D :D :D