TSD Store Products

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by EndlessFields, Jan 5, 2012.

1. EndlessFields

EndlessFields Member

Alright, I'm brand new to the forum, but I keep hearing about Joanna's wonderful shaving products. I'm looking to place an order to try some out. There are tons of choices and scents that I don't know what I want to try first. Suggestions for some good stuff to start with? Keep in mind I'm brand new to DE shaving. Just wanted some more stuff in addition to the 33 blade sampler pack.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

I would recommend Iced SubZero anything, but I'm kinda partial to menthol. :D

battle.munky and supe like this.
  3. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Any flavor of TSD Wheat Cream and matching Aftershave Milk. If you like fruity scents, get Monkey Farts! The Juniper Berry is a great flavor too along with A&F Woods Type. I need to get some more A&F Woods Type myself...

CyanideMetal likes this.
  4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    That one is getting low, and I have not been able to find anymore.

That's not a TSD scent. :o
    I have a Blue Juniper, though.

5. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If you like menthol, the M-Bomb is a great additive.

Give yourself a little shot of face freezing goodness with whatever product you choose. If you are a real addict, besides shave soap, it can also be added to Body Wash, Shampoo, Aftershave, etc... We need to dig Billy Mays up, as it really does just about everything.

Switchermike likes this.
  6. Queen of Blades

I added it to my Wheaties. :eatdrink020:
    wanted some Frosted Wheaties.

That wasn't so good. :sick007:

joking :)

7. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

Looking at my tag (or lack thereof), I am sure you can see I am not in the same league as the others who have already posted, and I am fine with that. They are much more experienced than I, but I did want to toss a few ideas out. So far I have only used the TSD Interception (specialty scent) and the Pumpkin (seasonal scent), and I have a Tabac-type sample to try as well. Both soaps I have used have been amazing. I guess what I am trying to say is that, regardless of what you choose, you will be getting a high quality item for a great price. Now, having said that, I am sorely tempted to try the Aqua di Gio-type soap for the next order. That is my wife's favorite scent, and I think it might be a good investment of a few dollars. Keep in mind, I have zero cream experience with TSD, but I can say that I would endorse it, simply based upon my (limited) experience with the soaps.

Good luck with your choices, and keep us posted as to what you end up deciding!

8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Oh NOAZ!

Yeah! That is the one!!!

9. Queen of Blades

And it's gone. :shocked002:
    League? What league? Bowling?
    No one told me anything about a TSD Bowling League! :angry017:

10. Queen of Blades

Blue Juniper is one of my favorites.
    I'd really like to narrow down the list of scents, but seems like any time one drops off the list, I have someone who isn't happy about it. :o

11. EndlessFields

EndlessFields Member

My scent tend to lean toward the traditional masculine scents. I'm not familiar enough with different scents to really know what that is.

Menthol is ALWAYS good in my book. What product do you find the best in Iced SubZero? Is menthol preshave, soap, witch hazel, and aftershave to much menthol for one shave? :Animatedfrozensmily:

12. FortWayneShaver

FortWayneShaver There's a tear in my beer

"Yeah sure, Thomas can raise a barn, but can he pick up a 7-10 split?" - Kingpin!!

13. Queen of Blades

Oh my, I hope you aren't asking Bill that question. :rofl:

14. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Why yes, I believe he is! :D

IMHO no, and if you get the M-Bomb you can add it to your shampoo too, just like I did for Menthol Monday this week. :)

15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Good luck with that. [​IMG]

Queen of Blades likes this.
  16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I started with sample sizes of several different scents.
    In my opinion, that's the best way to start. No sense in paying for a full size anything and then not liking the scent, find out it breaks you out, or just doesn't perform the way you would like it to.
    And, yeah, you gotta get M Bomb.

17. Mechguy

Mechguy Well-Known Member

This is what I did as well, I started with the samples.
    I have never tried the shave creams as I prefer the soaps.
    The Iced subzero, tea tree, and commando cocktail scents have all agreed with me.
    Even the scents I have not been crazy about, all lathered great.

Asd likes this.
  18. newb

newb Resident Newb

I really can't recommend much in scents. Pick what sounds good to you and I'm sure it will be awesome. But I will totally recommend a must have. The Wheat cream. It's really a good product.

19. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

+1 for the wheat cream; it's awesome. I have the bourbon vanilla and I love it.

20. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Scent: Yin Yang

That is all.

:yoda

Queen of Blades likes this.