TSD Zoom Meetup - This Friday - 5/15 @8:00 PM EST

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by jgreenepa, May 12, 2020.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Ok, I downloaded the mobile Zoom app and have a basic free account so I am good for Friday and you only have to put up with me for 40 min. Lol!

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

:D

All is well here, Charlie tho the Netflix and reading lists are starting to get a bit thin. As you may have seen in another thread, I'm compensating by trying new recipes and trying to push my skills past rudimentary. So far, so good and my waistline hasn't complained too badly. * phew *

Hopefully, you and Kathy are also keeping busy or at least not too bored, and above all, healthy! I think at this point, conservative trips only when necessary outside the house is the best advice for all of us regardless of health conditions. The numbers still look scary. But, that's for another thread.

BTW, would you point out for the rest of us who's who in your pics?

Edison Carter and wristwatchb like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thank you, Chris. Likewise, I very much enjoyed our time together, and I'm already looking forward to the next video call.

Edison Carter and Trigger like this.
  5. wristwatchb

This is the best part of our meetups in STL. Can't wait for the next one.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My barberettes always like two-way conversation when they slice my hair.

7. richgem

Wasn't that an old doo wop group? Paul and the Barberettes? :D

Paul Turner, Trigger and wristwatchb like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Not to my memory, but sometimes I walk in and I'm the only "client". THEN we become.....wellll.....that name. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    wristwatchb likes this.
  9. wristwatchb

Rich, I'm glad you're staying healthy, and I bet you're having fun learning some new cooking skills.

Here are the names of the fugitives...er...folks at the 2019 STL Meetup. The dark mood lifted once the server delivered 275 lbs. of STL BBQ to the table.

2019 30DC Meetup with names.jpeg

At one point, @Drygulch misplaced a Gillette Toggle, and we had a time trying to figure out what happened to it. Sadly, it's still a mystery.

2019 30DC Meetup 3.jpeg

The Opening Ceremony was a bit much, but we didn't have the heart to say anything to @NCoxSTL. There's just something about this guy that is hard to explain. I've never known anyone to spot a Gillette Toggle in the wild, much less discover a mint one laying in a parking lot.

Neal.jpg

Yes, there were shenanigans, BBQ, and ice cream. :)

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm glad you mentioned the ice cream. Because we had the CEO of Florida Ice Cream (and all others, really) @BaylorGator here that weekend, AND we had Charlie @wristwatchb who has an addiction to ice cream that no 12 step program could possibly cure, I took them and a few others to Ted Drewes Frozen Custard in the Lou. It's a legendary spot with what is known to be the best Frozen Custard (ice cream made with eggs) in Missouri and maybe everywhere else. Something interesting, though, as I looked at the picture from that visit.

Here you see Charlie and his bride at the window, with Randy holding up the building.

Charlie is Ted Drewes.jpg

And now.....here is Ted Drewes himself.

Ted Drewes with a concrete.jpg

I think Charlie hid the fact he has a brother living and making frozen custard in STL. We'll have Natalia investigate.

11. wristwatchb

Ted Drewes Frozen Custard rocks! It would be fantastic (and disastrous) having 'ol Ted as a brother.

BTW, never telling the full story, always having an alibi, and partial credit have never failed me yet. ;)

12. richgem

Thanks Charlie. Now I can put some names with the wanted posters I mean faces.

Paul Turner and wristwatchb like this.
  13. Paul Turner

@wristwatchb, that is a lovely shot of the back of Kathy's head. :).

14. richgem

she was photobombing :D

15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    @NCoxSTL What did you do? :rolleyes005:

You did something. Your wife wasn't sitting with you in the BBQ pic.

16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

She was just trying to avoid getting too close to me and Adam @Drygulch to avoid being punned to death. ;)

17. Paul Turner

If I may interrupt this Zoom thing for a minute and talk about shaving, I was cleaning around my bedroom&bathroom yesterday and found a "freebie" that came with my Sir Hare order-a small chunk of soap from their The Gambler product. Looks good for 1 or 2 shaves, but then a dime-sized dallup of dish liquid looks good for more dishes&silverware than one might think.

Trigger and NCoxSTL like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Mrs @NCoxSTL is a Saint. She co-hosted the weekend and is so fun to be around.

19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I second that motion. We tease Charlie about his bride staying with him. That should be easy compared to dealing with ME!

20. Paul Turner

And now an update-it may be just a hand soap.

Trigger likes this.