TTO Travel Razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Are my eyes playing tricks, or is this a travel razor? :confused:

CLICK ME

2. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Thats a Milady! the ladies version of the Milord.

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

thats 10000000000x cooler than those travel techs.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

You always gotta draw attention to the ones I want to bid on don't you? ;)
    Last one of these I attempted to buy went for about $200. :confused:

5. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

They are cute, aren't they? I was watching that Milady that went for $200.00 a few weeks ago. Better luck on this one Rodd.

6. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thanks Chris, but my pockets aren't too deep right now, so I have a feeling I will just be bidding to amuse myself.

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I know the feeling Rodd. I got mine for around $20.00 shipped so hang in there, deals are possible.

[​IMG]

And while I'm on the subject. Why is is that the ladies razors are either really short handled or much longer than comparable men's razors? Anyone have an explanation for that?

[​IMG]

8. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Great question. Someone once explained to me that the short ones are the early ones, and most women then only shaved their pits, later as it became acceptable to see a woman's legs, the longer ones were sold because it made shaving legs easier. I have no idea if that holds any water, but it makes some sense. I love that short injector. I saw one on ebay recently and thought it was pretty awesome. Any idea how they came packaged?

9. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Rodd, it came in a nice little heavy brass travel case.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Sorry rodd, but if it is any consolation, I have no intention of bidding. :D

11. riffin

riffin Active Member

I meant to bid, but I got distracted (I gave up my sniping service to try reel in my ADs) :) It went for $41!!!

MT - Love the short handled Schick! I haven't seen one like that. Is that a Hydro-Magic lever I see underneath? It looks like a J1 with a cropped handle.

12. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Yes it has the Hydro-Magic lever as does the yellow Lady Eversharp. I only wish it wasn't so...pink. :rolleyes:

I guess Rodd's snipe was set at $40.00 then. Bummer.

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

yep, I had $40 for it. I can't count how many times I have lost to Chimes13. He must have a nice collection building. ;)

14. riffin

riffin Active Member

Yeah Rodd, don't feel bad. He got it for $41, but his max might well have been $200.

15. chimes13

chimes13 New Member

If it makes you feel better, my max was set around $60. I was in the running for the one that went for big $$$ but my senses kicked in at some point on that one.

16. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Heh, heh, heh....That was the max I set for this. I wasn't fooling around on this bad boy! ;)

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Well congratulations! I was on that one early on too, but my wife would kill me. ;) Very cool razor!

18. riffin

riffin Active Member

Well done! You would have beat me if I had bid. I'm glad I didn't drive up your price!