Tuckaways, Norfolks, Miladys Oh My!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rodd, Sep 5, 2008.

1. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

Here are my two. The silver one is in amazing shape and the gold is just ok. that dent isn't as big as looks either:cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That silver one looks great! Don' let rodd see it! ;)

3. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

me and rodd had a little pm discussion about tuckaways and found out both of us had planned on bidding on this one, but he was kind and let me win it. I've already showed him the pics of how well it cleaned up. I think it made him wish he would of bid on it.:taunt005 the case was pure blue before it was polished.

4. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I would have felt really greedy bidding over you for it. I am glad it went to a good home, and as soon as I know your address... ;) I have a silver that gets me by, the razor is actually in nice shape, someday I will find another like this. So, what do you think about the shaves? I could not believe how well balanced and forgiving they were when I shaved with one for the first time. Plus they are beautiful. I am glad that one turned out so well!

edit: strange question for you, I noticed that the handle in your silver set is pointed the opposite direction as all of mine. Is the liner shaped for it to go that way? Or is it just set in that way for the picture? Just curiosity. Always looking for nuances.

5. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

The impression in the case is for the way I have it. the Gold looks like it was stored both ways. I have a empty silver case that looks like it was stored both ways as well. If your looking for a silver case this one might be good enough for you once polished, but I don't know yet. If your interested in a case, I'll get back to you after I clean it up.

6. AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido New Member

Here's a quick picture of my Tuckaway now that now that I actually have a razor to go with my case. :D

[​IMG]

7. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

8. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

9. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

10. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I Picked up another Silver Tuckaway, and noticed another nuance in the cases. Notice the rivots on the front of the top case. Those hold the latch piece in, the one on the bottom does not have them. The only other one I have without rivets is the one that has the switch to open. Anyway, I thought it was interesting...
    [​IMG]

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Good eye, rodd! I went and checked mine, and it is the riveted version.

12. scottydoint

scottydoint Member

cool rodd. My really nice silver tuckaway case doesn't have them either. My other silver one and my gold one and my silver common bar norfolk have them.
    I have another silver tuckaway on the way and the case looks like it doesn't have them.

You can see my nice silver tuckaway pictured higher in this thread (no rivets).

13. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

14. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

im really liking that case design. nice score.

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

After two weeks I asked for a status update.
    I would so much rather have the razor than a refund. :(

16. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Did you tell the seller that?

You suppose he's sold it elsewhere for more?

17. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I told him that, but he has not responded. I am really frustrated, because I looked for a long time for that razor.

I don't get it.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ugghhh. Leave appropriate feedback I say.

19. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

id be pissed. thats a case you dont see very often i dont think.

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

He got back to me saying it will ship today.

I am glad that I am getting the razor, but am stuck on how to do feedback in a case like this. Certainly he will get one star for shipping speed, but other than that, I don't know what to do.

Dave, you are right about that case. I have been looking for one for a while. I have a place cleared on the Tuckaway shelf that was getting lonely.