Turkey is imploding...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by GlennConti, Aug 16, 2020.

1. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

Turkish Lira is drastically losing it buying power. Dollar and gold buys lots of Lira now. What does that mean? Derby Razor Blades should be an excellent value to buy with dollars. Derby Premium are great blades imho. 200 for $15 on Amazon now. And they could get cheaper too. FYI.

brit, mvd, jimjo1031 and 1 other person like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I wonder if the price will lower on Blue Bird blades, made by Derby, I like them a lot.

3. GlennConti

GlennConti Well-Known Member

Arko and PermaSharp Gillette are Turkish products too. I think anything manufactured in Turkey would be cheaper now.

John Beeman likes this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Perma Sharp are among my favorite blades. @Bird Lives turned me on to them many years ago.

5. glassmtn

glassmtn Member

I believe the good PermaSharps are made in Russia. They may not be any cheaper. There are some PermaSharps made in Turkey but I have heard they are not very good.

eric

6. brit

brit in a box

derby premiums are great blades..

7. tonich

tonich Well-Known Member

Like a need more blades.
    Have probably over 1000 in stock, eh!

BigD and brit like this.
  8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I could be wrong...But, a few years ago the Turkish made Perma-Sharps ceased production when the name and production was mived to St Petersburg, Russia. And the blades bearing that name from St Pete are EXACT replicas to the Turk blades. Only difference I can see is quality control went up a little.

For a while you could find NOS Turkish made Perma-Sharps. The ones I tried were fantastic. They passed a blind fold test between Turk made and Russian made.

If you find some NOS Perma-Sharps, enjoy! Bit the Russian ones are just as good!!

Of course...I haven't been to Turkey for a few years, so if someone is conterfieting them now, I am unaware aswell as doubt it....But hey....I could be wrong...I was wrong once back in 1958, it could happen again.