Turkish Yuma Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jgreenepa, Nov 15, 2019.

1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

73370703-81E8-431E-AC2E-32ED49CE00BC.jpeg 8B61105B-A9E5-498C-912D-AD7151E2BC4E.jpeg 1FC9DDF6-6AA2-4D03-9281-2ED39A57D906.jpeg BD8BF6F1-C077-46D6-BE6C-6CE68F8E1453.jpeg This is one of the cheapest razors one can buy. Then why does it deliver such a great shave? When I was at the Shave Collectibles Mtg in Cincinnati last month I acquired one for three dollars. The collector who sold it to me said he’d buy it back for double if I didn’t like the shave. The razor is tiny, but it does deliver the goods!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    Enrico, GatorJoe, S Barnhardt and 6 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    There was once a Turkish shave site, bestshave.net, but it has not been active for a few years. That was one of their best sellers. It was a great place to get soaps and the famous hammered shaving cup.

3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic. Glad you are enjoying it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

S Barnhardt, kjbarth and jgreenepa like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool razor Jeff.many people swear by them..

S Barnhardt, jgreenepa and kjbarth like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yuma/Feather (3). Way better than an $8 razor should be. Indeed if I didn't shave my head I'd be just fine with this as a daily driver. Very smooth. Fatty handle works much better for my head shave and there its shortcomings in efficiency were more noticeable, clean ups were with the Leaf. Next use I'll use a fresh blade and see how much improvement is gained. Very satisfying overall.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

lightcs1776, GatorJoe and brit like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I've read in other threads the statement that the Yuma looks just like a Merkur 42 or is a clone of some other early German design. Hmm .

When viewed from outer space vs when not viewed from outer space.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

elektrotasil and lightcs1776 like this.