Turning to the Gemside?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Quest, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Quest

Quest New Member

I got my second Gem today the Gem Jr.
    [​IMG]

I looks a lot better now than it did before cleaning I am happy on how it turned out cant wait to give it a test drive. If it shaves like the Gillette new i will be a happy camper :D

2. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I don't think it shaves like the NEW. There is quite a different feel to the GEM. However, Both the 1912 Gem and the NEW are great razors. You won't be disappointed.

3. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

it shaves better than a new, so you might even be a prospectively giddy hotel resident.

4. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Nice score! Let us know how it does/did.

5. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Member

After looking at my SS and other stuff my wife thinks it would be a good idea to decorate our other bathroom with old barber stuff.

Which sounds like a great excuse to try an SE to me. :D
    So I think I will have to keep an eye out for a GEM.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The 1912 Gem shaves better then the New Improved that I have,, That is of course IMO. I hope you enjoy the thing. Remember that the angle is different from the DE.

Viva Le Revolution....:cool:

Fuzzy

7. Quest

Quest New Member

I took for a spin this morning I think my Gillettes are going to get less face time that was a nice shave :happy005

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I will go so far as to guess that it took less effort to get a good shave from the SE... That is how I feel.. they are a natural angle on my face. Glad you enjoyed.

Fuzzy

9. tom myers

tom myers Member

Think how great the shaves will be once you have really gotten used to the feel of the SE! You may never use a DE again. You certainly won't be the first convert around here. :D

Regards,
    Tom

10. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

My 2nd Gem

Takes bag of tea, long extension cord, portable ice shack, Mr heater, and camps by the mailbox waiting for it to arrive...........

Attached Files:

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

ohh that is nice MsB,,, one of the best no doubt in my mind., I pif'ed one similar to that to Dom.. great shaving razor.
    Fuzzy

12. MsBlackwolf

I'm sure I'm going to like it. Be hard not to like something that pretty.

13. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

They are very very nice. My favorite Gem/ER handle best weight and feel for my hands.

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I am now thinking that is a travel size handle. The two rings at the bottom give it away. Still a nice shaving razor... when it comes in MsB let us know.

Fuzzy

15. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

I have two ornate handle Gems. They both have the double ring at the end of the handle. One of which is a shorter handle. The other is regular length.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks for the info there Justin.
    Fuzzy

17. MsBlackwolf

I'll have to wait and see. It's a winner either way. It amazes me that we can pick up a blast from the past like the razors we use and they do a better and cheaper job than the modern razors made yesterday afternoon. Scary aint it.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

<TWEETTTTT > MsB loses a few cool points for not checking into the HYD thread before posting else where... unless I missed it which while that is possible I do not think it happened that way. Maybe Haint is actually typing from behind the stove... but anyway it goes <click>:D

19. MsBlackwolf

:happy102 yeahhh but I made up the lost cool points with effective mailbox camping!

20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It does wash... did something good come in today?