TurnNShave Brush Reviews

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Zykris, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

2. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I'm going to be reviewing these two brushes from TurnNShave (Formerly known as Evershave on Etsy.) I got in contact with Milton, the owner, after seeing a review of the angel knot from Cris at AnotherCutAbove on YouTube. So I spoke with Mitlon, who was very friendly and informative.

Brush on the left, 24mm angel knot (cashmere) set at about a 53mm loft. Brush on the right is a 24mm full moon knot at about the same height maybe a few mm higher loft.

The first brush I decided to use for today's face shave was the angel knot. I paired it with the following gear; RazoRock German 37 Slant with a Gillette Rubie blade, Gentleman Jon's Alum Block and Sterling Unscented Glacial Aftershave Balm.

This brush was awesome! It was so soft that I barely felt it as I built a face lather with MWF. It had a little bit of backbone due to the lower loft setting and no scratch or scritch. It splayed very well with barely a resistance. Out of all of my brushes which include two broken in boar brushes (Whipped Dog 24mm, Omega 20106) , one high mountain badger (Whipped Dog 24mm) and a 24mm Whipped Dog Black/White synethic it is easily the softest and most comfortable on my skin for use. Only a few bristles were shed during the use then quit promptly.

The 24mm moon knot, I palmed lathered with MWF to test it out. It splayed easily but not as easily as the angel knot. It took very little effort. Very soft tips with a touch of scrub. It made the lather very quickly, just as easily as the angel knot. This brush has made it to the second spot of my favorite brushes.

More review notes to come as I use this knots.

Rhody, theFAT98, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Milton sells great brushes at a super affordable price. Nice review

theFAT98, Zykris and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Thank you!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Does he make any Silvertip brushes ?

Zykris likes this.
  6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Used the 24mm full moon knot for a head and face shave. It built lather like a champ with MWF. The knot itself has soft tips and when splayed kind of reminded me of a boar brush scrub. Felt very comfortable! It held a good amount of lather for three passes easily. I only had to reload when I had to do my head shave since I didn't load quite as heavy as I should have.

@Bama Samurai I think you said it well. Going to synthetics makes you look back at your naturals differently. I'm finding I like my synthetics the best.

sdguero likes this.
  8. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Second use of the angel knot by TurnNShave used today. I'm really enjoying this knot. It is so soft! I will still note it has a mild amount of scrub, splays very well and it a pleasure to use. And it's still #1 brush in my Den.

sdguero likes this.
  9. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Second use of the Full moon knot today. Great scrub, it seems to be splaying easier now and the tips are soft. Feels great for the entire process of building a lather. It's probably just going to get better as time goes on. I highly recommend TurnNShave brushes for anyone interested in quality synthetic brushes at a great price!

10. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

After getting use out of both of the knots, the angel and the full moon knot, I can safely say that these were great investments! I'll be leaving this thread alone for a little bit. Because...I'm ordering another one of Milton's brushes but...I'm going customized all the way. il_570xN.1275160501_njo3.jpg The handle shape is going to be like this. But I'm going to have the two main colors be black and red swirled together. The knot, I'm going with Milton's 25mm quarter moon knot. So far I'm thinking of having it set at 56mm loft but I'm debating on it right now. I won't see the brush till about early next month. My Halloween gift to myself. lol So stay tuned and I'll pop some pictures of that bad boy when I get it and of course review it once I use it.

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's a nice looking knot. I like the Tuxedo colors, but fan rather than bulb. Hint; order three, save a few bucks, and free shipping! :happy088:

Zykris likes this.
  12. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Lol I wish. 42 shipping includes for the fully customized handle and knot. I'm definitely not complaining.

RyX likes this.
  13. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting. I'm looking at these too.

Zykris likes this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

My pleasure.

15. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

WP_20171006_002.jpg WP_20171006_003.jpg I've posted these pictures elsewhere but might as well post them here for the sake of reviewing TurnNShave's brushes. This was a custom order that I put together with Milton at the end of last month. I found a brush shape that I liked and he gave his input into what would probably be the optimal size of it. I gave him the colors I wanted, black and red, and that I wanted the knot to be his quarter moon but I requested it at 59mm instead of normal 54mm that he would set it at. Communication was great like always. He's very informative and tries to help guide you in making the right choice the first time. He kept me up to date on what he was doing during the process and showed me a preview after he shaped it if that is what I wanted it like. With the okay from me, he set the knot and the next day he shipped it off. Three days later, I believe or it may have been two, the brush arrived in a plastic travel case buffed by a bag of air and sealed in the box. It came without a scratch. I've used it probably around 9 times between shaves and just messing around with lather making. It's got soft tips and is easy to splay. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Marc Bagwell, Rhody and 178-bplatoon like this.
  16. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic. What tho of knot is that?

Zykris likes this.
  17. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

That's a quarter moon fan knot, 25mm.

Rhody likes this.
  18. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    Looks great

Zykris likes this.
  19. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member