Tweex shave stick

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by tuco99, Mar 2, 2012.

1. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Saw a different brand of shave stick on Bestshave ,just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.Looks like the same size 75g. as the Arko stick and a tad more expensive.

Llyr likes this.
  2. Moe

Moe Active Member

I have heard about it, but not if it is any good or not. Tweex and Derby seem to be newly available soap sticks out of Turkey. I've read 1 good report about Derby, but that's the only report i've seen.

Llyr likes this.
  3. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

I finally ordered some Tweex,Derby sticks but customs sure made a mess of my order.The scent is the same as the arko stick but a little stronger I think.Will be trying these out over the next few days and see how they match up to the Akro.Here's a picture I posted in the Haul IMG_0135 (Small).JPG

Llyr likes this.
  4. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Did customs poke those holes in your soap and cut the stick in half?

Llyr likes this.
  5. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

That's the only thing I can think of,as one of the Derby sticks is missing,the Tweex is broken in half and unwrapped,one of the Viking tubes was squeezed open and as you can see holes in the fume soap.Oh and the box was barely taped up.First time this has happened from Bestshave.

Llyr likes this.
  6. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Sounds like customs picked your shippment out at random and gave it a working over. Sorry about that.

Do you remember if the box had a customs declaration slip attached to the outside?

crackstar and Llyr like this.
  7. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

No customs slip.

Llyr likes this.
  8. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

I've used the Tweex stick for the last few shaves and received great shaves.Excellent skin care but a tad( and only a tad) more work too lather up compared too the Akro stick but than again that could just be me. For the scent I find it very strong as it has filled the Den ,that's all you can smell.The wrapper is a paper unlike the Arko stick which is a foil type that you peel off as needed. So when you open up the stick the whole wrapper comes and leaves you nothing too hold onto the soap with.I will next try the Derby stick and see how it compares and the wrapper is the same type as the Tweex.

crackstar and Llyr like this.
  9. thinklikeh20

thinklikeh20 Active Member

I too placed an order for some of this soap among other things from bestshave around the beginning of March. My online tracking showed the package spent ten days in NY, and after seeing your order I can only wonder... I will be picking it up tomorrow from the post office and will update here.

Llyr likes this.
  10. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Used the derby stick for a few shaves and found it to be a rival to the Arko,scent is about the same.If I didn't have several Arko sticks I would probably order more of these.

Llyr likes this.
  11. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Tried Tweex for the first time today. It's a very good soap....but in my opinion offers nothing over the tried and tested Arko. with a slightly higher price. Don't get me wrong it is an excellent soap but it would be great to find a turkish soap with a different scent......just for variety!

Llyr and crackstar like this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Brian, the Tweex soap seems to have an identical scent to the Arko, except a little stronger. Corinne gave me an empty pill bottle to put the stick in, so anytime I'm ready to use it I'm good to go! ;)

Llyr likes this.
  13. Sargon

Sargon Well-Known Member

Stronger than Arko? Wow! I like Arko's scent, but the fact remains that only Arko stays with me all day long, so a stronger version is just Wow!

Llyr likes this.
  14. crackstar

Gentlemen, here's my review of the Tweex stick.

Ease of lather: 10/10--A wet brush makes the lather explode. So easy.

Longevity of lather: 10/10--So stable. A pleasure to work with.

General skincare: 8/10--Quite good. Moisturizes well.

Scent: 9/10--Real nice. Very close to the Arko soap, but a little stronger.

Price: N/A--I don't have a clue. It was a gift.

Would I buy again: 10/10--100% yes. It's a great soap.

This soap freaked me out this morning when I used it for the first time. The scent is so similar to Arko soap, although my wife says it's very different. The lather is a pleasure to work with, and it's very long-lasting. I wonder if Turkish barbers use this stuff also? They should, because it's a fabulous soap.

7c241848ddeba0a7267e40cd725c123f_image_631x550.jpg

tomnat and Llyr like this.
  15. Indiexsunrise

Indiexsunrise Well-Known Member

+1 to the review, I tried it tonight for the first time and completely agree. I got mine as a gift as well, but looking online the Tweex is a tad more expensive than Arko. The smell is pleasant a little fruitier I feel it smells like " soapy froot loops" it's worth a shot if you like arko.

Llyr likes this.
  16. Llyr

Llyr Stay frosty, my friends!

The same thing happened to me it was more like 12 day's in NY at a holding facility.I emailed a complaint with the Post Office and received the package within a few days.Funny thing is I live in NY,I've ordered from Bestshave a few times,this is the first time this happened to me.

17. Uncle Brian

Uncle Brian Active Member

I was wondering if maybe it was just badge engineering and it's the same soap with slightly different scent and a different name.
    I have had great shaves with all three :)

18. Uncle Martin

Uncle Martin New Member

Some local information for you

Derby and Tweex are produced by the same company (Azmusebat Inc) Derby's smell is not similar to Arko. Arko has citrus smell while Derby has Turkish Bath smell ( a special smell of old Ottoman soaps perhaps goes to the Roman times). The smell of tweex is lighter than Derby. Actualy derby dont smell after leathering

Martin

Hanzo and crackstar like this.
  19. crackstar

Martin, I am not sure, but I was told about another Turkish soap which is called "Master". Have you ever heard of it?