Two Brothers Brewing Co.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by TraderJoe, Jul 22, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

These guys have got the right stuff.

I started off with their "Hop Juice" Double IPA, and enjoyed that so much, that I tried another of their beers "The Bitter End" Pale Ale.

[​IMG]

Great Beer!
    36 IBU
    5.1% A/V

Great hop flavor and aroma, full bodied....a beer drinker's beer (for the summer)

Anybody else have a drink from the Two Brothers collection?

2. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

what is an IPA....and can you get them everywhere?

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    It's a type of beer. I don't know much more than that, but here's a link.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/style/116/

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    As far as I can find, IPA stands for India Pale Ale, as far as beer is concerned atleast.

5. Zeni

Zeni New Member

They are around the corner from me. :D I went to HS with their sister. Pretty good brews. I'm not a fan of hoppy beer, I do like their wheat beer.

6. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

IPA stands for India Pale Ale. It refers to a style of pale ale that is typically higher in alcohol content (but not high gravity) and very hoppy. The history behind this is that the English needed a way to ship beer to India without it going bad. The best way to do this? Boost the ABV and hop the hell out of it. Not only do hops add flavor and aroma, they also are antibacterial! Who would have thought. To get a true IPA flavor, some brewers still dry hop with oak chips since the original beer was shipped in oak barrels.

Definately a tasty style of beer, but not for the light hearted. High hops = bitter beer. :eek:

7. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Good for you! I'm heading out there the first weekend of August, for their monthly tour & tasting. :drool

8. Capt America

Capt America Member

After hearing your praise about their Hop Juice double IPA, Joe, I contacted them seeing if they'd ship to Kansas if a local liquor store would order from them. They said they would not, and the Chicago area is one of the only places to really find it.

That makes me a sad panda...

On the positive note, my brother is attending DePaul this year so I was going to try to head up there for a week, probably in the winter... and when I do I will definitely be eating pizza every night, and seeking out some of that Two Brothers beer.

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

That is sad indeed ::

10. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

as far as I am concerned, the only beer better than an IPA is a DIPA (double). Huge hop head here! :: Dogfish Head brewery has this genre sewn up, as far as I am concerned. 60 minute is the session beer (sporting events, warm up drinking, family BBQ fun, ), the 90, (in a nice restaurant, your 1-9th anniversary beer), and the 120 minute is about as close to heaven on earth as you can get, you must have come back home from a 3 day blues festival / rode a horse all day / Run some kind of long distance race / built a new addition to your house / your wife just gave birth , you must be wearing your oldest, 1000 times washed "home use only" jeans, a nice cigar or pipe nearby, a big sunset on your deck in the middle of the woods with the temperature about 65 degrees, a light cool breeze and a flannel lined carhartt mid-weight jacket on, your dog, curled up at your bare feet, seeing a buck knocking around through the trees about 50 yards away. OK, maybe I stretched that one a bit, but...WOW!!! :D

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

But have you had this:

[​IMG]

:drool:drool:drool

12. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

Sounds lovely.... want to try it... I would like to compare that to the DFH 90 minute IPA, it seems to fit in there in finished values..., including the multiple hop pitches, etc.

If I sound fanatical, I am. I dream about beer. Living in a country where real beer is absent can put a strain on a man, let me tell you..... 18 months until beer nirvana.....