Two new re-knots

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Mustache, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

I just finished up two more re-knots. TGN Synthetic and TGN Finest Badger. I really like my other synthetic so I did another one, and I wanted to do a Badger. Even though my first set of restored brushes came out beautifully, I didn't like how floppy they were. On this one, even though it's not the same knot, I set it a little deeper to hopefully give it a little more backbone. Epoxy is drying so I'll wait till tomorrow to get it wet to see what the bloom looks like.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

feeltheburn, MoAllen, RezDog and 7 others like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Sweet!

Mustache and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Very nice!

Mustache and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very nice.

Mustache likes this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Nice job, sir!

Mustache likes this.
  6. Mustache

Thanks all.. I'm one of of those impatient type. I should maybe take a little more time on projects but I want results!

7. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Great job. Restoring old brushes is alot of fun. Ive got 3 i need to reknot.

Mustache likes this.
  8. Mustache

So many beautiful and unique handles of yesteryear but the brush leave a bit to be desired in performance sometimes... I want my brushes to be usable and not look haggard.

theFAT98 likes this.
  9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sweet!:happy088:

Mustache likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very nice. Beautiful, too.

Mustache likes this.
  11. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Beautiful!

Mustache likes this.
  12. Mustache

I've used this one a couple times now and believe it is going to be one of my favorites. Loads up beautifully, lathers up easy, I set it deep enough for good backbone without being floppy, and bloomed nicely!

I haven't used the synthetic yet (its in the background) but am tomorrow. I already know it will be nice. I have another TGN synthetic and it performs perfect.

[​IMG]

feeltheburn and dscaver like this.
  13. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Great job !
    I have a few vintage brushes I want to refurbish in the future. I have found a few guides as to how to re knot the brush, but none that I could find that went into detail as to how to bring back to life the handle. Sandpaper , emery cloth , steal wool? What is used as a clear coat to protect it ? How do you repaint the letters and logos?
    Any particular book or guide that you used when you started out ?
    I am a very analytical person and like to know as much as I can before beginning something. So any advise would be appreciated.
    And once again, great job !!