Un - Frickin' - Believable!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I have been trying like Hell to obtain a Ranger Tech to round out my collection, and just recently crapped out on this one by a lousy buck. So, another one shows up right after, and I'm kind of PO'd now, so I set my snipe for $100 (yes, damn it, I really wanted it), and it goes for next to nothing! :happy102

I will never understand eBay bidding!

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

great!

3. Larry T

Larry T Member

Ranger Tech

I have two Ranger Techs, both in excellent condition, but neither came with a case. I got the first at an antique store for $1.00, the second was snagged off the bay for about $20.00, shipped. They are really nice shavers, I always look for a backup when I find something that works well.

Larry

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nice razor, Congrats!! :D

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Me too. Too many weird guys bidding like there's no tomorrow and sometimes they don't bid at all...

6. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

I think Klaus has it all figured out. :happy088 Congratulations on the RT! It looks like a beauty.

7. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

you are an angry angry man.

;)

8. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Hey Blue....I have a nice Ranger that I would be happy to sell you for $100!:happy102

Seriously, I'm one of what seems to be few people who love Techs! So many get the idea they are to mild a razor....This is truly a misnomer....My beard is heavy and like copper wire...I can get a BBS shave every time from a tech.
    The best part is it's virtually impossible to cut yourself with a tech unless you really try!! Not to mention razor burn is a little harder to come by using the tech,,,but it can and does happen! Since most noobs are usually prone to using a lot of pressure, at least the tech is more forgiving!!! I have seen far too many posts by noobs(and even some experienced DE users) that just have to have an adjustable...Then immediately crank it up to 9 thinking it will give them the best shave...It usually takes about 1, or even 1/2 of a shave for them to quickly realized they are torturing their face! They also pay for it in blood and time to heal.:eek:

It is unfortunate the techs are touted as a razor that will not perform as well... or better then a hefty razor or an adjustable.

In another forum a noob was hell bent on a Merkur HD...I asked and begged for him to try the tech first...but sooooo many are saying "HD HD HD" etc..

So I made a deal with him...if he would hold off on the Merkur, I would send him a fat handle tech...I added that if he didn't get great, close shaves with the tech I would buy him the Merkur myself!:eek:

As I expected, he never went for the HD after using the tech!! I believe he is still using it today!!! I wish all noobs would start with the tech for a few months, then go for any razor they want....If they followed this "guidline"...I suspect many would return to the tech again, and again after trying the other razors!!!
    I guess the old adage still rings true...You can lead a horse to water and all that.....to use a metaphor...It seems that many would rather see how many dead horses it takes to pull a wagon!!!! So they just keep harnessing those dead horses together until they finally realize the cart isn't going to move!!!

I just wish more noobs would use the tech as their first razor.

All this IMHO of course...but if I'm lyin' I'm dieing!!! Ok, I'll get off my pedestal now...and I'll just hope some will heed the advice of starting with a tech!:cool:

Regards,

9. The Zook

The Zook New Member

That's one I have my sights on as well now that I have my minty '47 :D

Good price you got too, much better than the first attempt!

10. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Nice

11. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

The best part is that this completes this little segment of my collection, although the Milord is a '46, and not a '41, but it's close enough for government work.

Speaking of the Milord, that would be un-frickin'-believable part II. It was up for auction with a starting bid of $35 + $5 for shipping and I was watching but forgot to put a bid in, but nobody bid on it. When the seller relisted it with the same starting bid and shipping, I thought, "What the heck?", and flipped him a message and asked if he would take $35 out-the-door on a BIN, and he accepted almost immediately.