Unboxing - Frank Shaving Fine Badger

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by SharpSpine, Jul 8, 2011.

1. SharpSpine

SharpSpine Well-Known Member

The box.
    [​IMG]

The contents.
    [​IMG]

As ordered, Fine Badger!
    [​IMG]

It's cozy home while crossing the world. She looks all snuggled up.
    [​IMG]

Brush care instructions.
    [​IMG]

Brush out of its box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

FS next to my VDH boar.
    [​IMG]

Defying gravity. It's nice that it comes w/ a stand.
    [​IMG]

Not sure what the little heart thing is for. Oh well.
    [​IMG]

I am looking forward to using her tomorrow morning. I'll be sure to let y'all know how her maiden voyage goes. I hope this gives some more information to those out there looking to get into TWS without a huge investment. It took exactly 2 weeks from the time of purchase to make it from China to my door in Tennessee.

2. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Looks nice, hope it gives many a fine shaves! I look forward to your thoughts after you have had a chance to use it.

I was wondering what the pink thing was too when I looked at the first picture. :)

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Congrats, it looks beautiful. You may want to test lather it a few times before you put it on your face. I use shampoo the first 2 lathers and then soap for 2, then I use it on myself.

New brushes can be a little funky right out of the box....

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Frank Shaving sale: Hurry now so you cab get your free pink thing with every order! :happy097

5. SharpSpine

That sounds great! I was already getting a little anxiety about waiting until morning to use it. Now I'll go give it a whirl solely to clean it up & remove the funk. I will get no pleasure from this at all, I'm sure. ;)

6. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

:happy036 On my way now! :scared007

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Agreed. Very nice :happy088:happy088

8. SharpSpine

If I had known I'm sure I would have gotten more! :happy102

9. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

Very nice, that's a Savile Row handle, does it come in white too?!

10. SharpSpine

Yes, it does come in white as well.

11. Griff76

Griff76 Member

OK I am regretting seeing all these brushes. lol makes me feel sorry for my lil Tweezerman.

12. SharpSpine

Before this arrived today I've only been using my VDH boar brush for the last 4-6 weeks that I've been using a DE. I have to say after making a few test lathers with it that I may go to bed early just so tomorrow seems to come sooner. The tips are so luxoriously soft (my only comparison being the boar) & the lather comes so much easier. So far I'm thrilled by this purchase.

13. Griff76

Griff76 Member

Well I have been using the tweezer man since about Feb-20 not had much trouble with lather rising, but I may not know what lather should feel like, it looks right, not quite up to mantics videos though

14. MRast01

MRast01 Well-Known Member

Don't feel sorry. The Tweezerman is a great brush, at least for the number I've been able to try. I used mine for about a year and a half before I got my next brush and it was a good trooper! Have patience and you'll have a well stocked shave den before you know it. Seemed like my first year in was all about soaps and creams (and razors too). Second has been more about brushes and aftershaves (and more razors :D )

Back to the OP: Glad to see this thread. I've been hankering for a new brush and was thinking about one of these FS brushes. Really like the looks and price and can't wait for some updates on performance.

15. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

:happy102 me too!

Great looking brush. I look forward to seeing the bloom and hearing how it worked for you

16. SharpSpine

The pre-shave pic. Starting to see some bloom.
    [​IMG]

Full of luxorious lather!
    [​IMG]

Lots of lather for many passes.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. ehehat

ehehat Active Member

Very nice! Sorta looks like a soft serve ice-cream cone...yummy! :drool

18. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Great post. Looking forward to hearing how well it performs.

19. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Nice Brush!

That is a very handsome brush and stand! I have been looking at Frank's brushes as well! How did it feel on your skin? I am very new and do not know whether to go with the best, the silver tip or the finest? How was yours? Thanks
    Mike

20. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Very nice looking brush.

I have too many brushes

I have too many brushes

I have too many brushes