Unique Old Spice, and Avon Bottles/Decanters, And Finds

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by DaltonGang, Sep 29, 2017.

1. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Now That’s just WRONG. Sorry to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gorgo2, RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I did get a full refund, and he didn't want the Decanters back. So, I did clean out the canon well, and put Shulton Old Spice inside, from a plain bottle I had. So, it wasn't all bad.

gorgo2, cliffb599 and RyX like this.
  3. DaltonGang

Avon- "Little Brown Jug", 3 oz Tai Winds.

P4250159.JPG

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  4. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice Toilet Water. 3/4 oz. Uber Strong Stuff.

This was bought by mistake, but I was glad I did. I thought it was the larger size, that I've bought before, that was exactly the same scent as the "Real" Shulton Old Spice Aftershave Lotion. Well, this stuff arrived, and it's a dinky little bottle. I thought I was ripped off. Well, Yes and no. I lost out on volume, but this stuff is 3-4 times stronger than the Aftershave. It is like a very strong cologne. I put a dab on the top of my hands, one night, and it could still be smelled, strongly, the next afternoon. It even could be smelled after the next days shower, only faintly. If anyone wants an all day Old Spice smell, find some of this stuff, and put a few dabs about the face and body. You wont be dissapointed.

P4260170.JPG

Tim Spencer, gorgo2, Timwcic and 5 others like this.
  5. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

The Admiral reporting for duty and he has backup. Came from a thrift store today. He my be empty but both bottles in the gift pack are full

48F34316-0FA4-47A5-B322-6967E122BB2C-25924-00001126C085CE33.jpeg

Tim Spencer, gorgo2, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That made me go back to hear the "Little Brown Jug" song.....ha ha ha...he..he..he...Little Brown Jug oh you're for me.

7. DaltonGang

Avon Bay Rum. Anniversary Keepsake 1981. 3 oz.

Made by the California Perfume Co. This one is not overpowering, like some Bay Rums. After three hours, it had a very faint scent.

P4280171.JPG

8. DaltonGang

Avon: Calabash Pipe. Wild Country 3 oz.

P4250155.JPG

9. DaltonGang

Avon Stagecoach. Wild Country.

P4250167.JPG

10. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice.
    "Lighthouse Decanter". 6 oz. 1973-1984

P5090187.JPG

Tim Spencer, gorgo2, Timwcic and 6 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I just watched a video on here of a Shulton Old Spice commercial written in the year I was born. Fun!!

12. DaltonGang

Avon- "Just For Kicks". Football Shoe. 7 oz. Full of "Spicy" Aftershave.

P5260244.JPG

Tim Spencer, gorgo2, Timwcic and 6 others like this.
  13. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I picked up a nos windjammer in a ink stamp decanter off the bay, 2 bucks for it plus 5 shipping, i will post a picture when it comes in, seller had it listed as sealed in the box. Im also trying to find a spicy and brisk spice but have not seen any in the price range im willing to pay. I also have a george washington head with deepwoods i picked up at a second hand store. I see tai winds a lot there, but have never bought it, it reminds me of hai karate and i used to get that every year from the grand parents and still have a few bottles tucked away.

gorgo2, Paul Turner, RyX and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I suspect regional variations. Majority of vintage Avon I find is Wild Country.

Once you get a couple bottles, don't really need more. I've passed up interesting decanters telling myself "I don't collect the glass, just buying for the juice!"

gorgo2 and Primotenore like this.
  15. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Picked these up on the way home yesterday, from a “antique store”. The place had a lot of modern stuff and junk in it. After looking around I found these two. Bought both for $5 out the door. The capital is full of Avon leather, the old steam engine is full of Tai winds. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Spencer, gorgo2, Timwcic and 7 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Looks like one has to be VERY CAREFUL with those to avoid too much coming out. My fav would be the Capitol(Leather), although there's great "history" in both.

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Yes, you have to be very careful. I’ll most likely put the juices into more user friendly containers. The capital building is not to bad, but the steam engine one, is a pain to use.

Oh yeah, buy the way, I would have never even thought about looking for these types of things, until I saw this forum. You guys are a bunch of enablers. Lol.

18. Paul Turner

I have the Oldies Car Maxwell '23, with Tribute in there. Too much movement around my tiny sink in my tiny bathroom can knock the top off(haven't lost any Tribute yet in the process, though).

gorgo2 and Brickman301 like this.
  19. DaltonGang

That Steam Engine is definitely cool. Thanks for that one.

gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  20. DaltonGang

Shulton Old Spice. 9.5 oz. 1946 to 1949
    This just came in, it was 75% full, and still had the original Aftershave in it. The stopper had been pushed all the way down, and the evaporated aftershave fused the stopper inside. I had to run it under hot water for approx 5-10 minutes, and gently work the stopper out, a little at a time, so as not to snap it off. I tried a little on the back of my hand, and on the other hand, put a little circa 1980's Shulton OS on the other. It smelled the same.

P6020260.JPG

P6020261.JPG

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018