unknown safety razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Jun 24, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

hello fols ,was looking for an emir razor with the tapered multisided handle and came across this..
    so far i think it could be a globusmann razor.. any ideas..?thank you.. 20190623_145723.jpg 20190623_145707.jpg

2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi Gary, I just logged on for the first time in awhile. I was pretty ill, but am slightly better now, and hope to start posting again soon. That’s why I just now saw this post. I have seen some old Swing razors like that. I think they were a Swiss company. You might research them. I hope this input helps.
    Have a good day man.
    ☮️

3. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi again. Also possibly an early pre-war YUMA Razor from Germany. They were very similar as well.
    ☮️

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

unknown.gif
    Globus cruciger; Latin for orb bearing cross. Specifically that's a Maltese cross. I haven't yet found a razor maker that used it as their makers mark. Looks too well done to be a one-off. Holy Razor of Antioch?

5. brit

brit in a box

awesome gentlemen .thank you both for your help..get well soon Alan..

Hembree, RyX, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Interesting Gary. A little similar to the unknown razor handle I got out of Poland but mine has no markings. This handle is very light weight due to being aluminum and hollow. 20190508_223823.jpg

brit and RyX like this.
  7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    As far as I know, Durex, Globusmen and Sonnal are the only companies that used that handle design.

brit, RyX and Hembree like this.